Was it Polly's hat?!

Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:31 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Was it Polly's hat?!

I remember reading about someone's hat with dried flowers on it that took a bit of a battering going through customs but do you think they will take an aversion also to my wedding bouquet which was dried (but not pressed), framed and mounted behind glass?

I'm not really a particularly sentimental person (except when it comes to my kids!) but I would be disappointed if the keepsake of my big day didn't make it to the other side.....

Should I prepare for the worst?! Answers please - PSS will be here in less than 12 hours!

Binbird
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was it Polly's hat?!

Good luck Binbird I will miss you loads
you have been a good forum friend and a fab support
cheers Lace
see you on the other side
xxxx
Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:01 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
I remember reading about someone's hat with dried flowers on it that took a bit of a battering going through customs but do you think they will take an aversion also to my wedding bouquet which was dried (but not pressed), framed and mounted behind glass?

I'm not really a particularly sentimental person (except when it comes to my kids!) but I would be disappointed if the keepsake of my big day didn't make it to the other side.....

Should I prepare for the worst?! Answers please - PSS will be here in less than 12 hours!

Binbird
Surely PSS will be able to tell you if you phone them in the morning.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:37 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Good luck Binbird I will miss you loads
you have been a good forum friend and a fab support
cheers Lace
see you on the other side
xxxx
Thanks Lace - I may be incommunicado for a while but I'll still be with the dieters for Oz in spirit (especially when I am downing cocktails in Mauritius!)

And as for PSS - we'll see what they say in the morning.....

Binbird
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Yes thats my hat you are thinking off - check with PSS but you may have a problem with the dried flowers. My hat actually had silk flowers on it, but they told the importing shippers that they believed they were dried flowers, and also that they had seedds in them!
&65 to destroy or &80 to treat but the shippers advised it could ruin the material so I had it destroyed.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Polly (owner of another 32 hats that got through no problem!!)