Queensland State Sponsored visa

Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

manix is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Queensland State Sponsored visa

Yeah starting to look that way isn't it, going to try and enjoy the weekend and forget about it all!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

taz2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland State Sponsored visa

Thought this might be of interest on here, from Go Matilda website;

Skilled Visas: State Sponsorship Processing Update
Author: Alan Collett and Sarah White Date: Saturday, August 08, 2009

Queensland
Seems to be struggling somewhat. Currently dealing with applications lodged in February and March 2009. Giving priority to those with medicals that are soon expiring. The change to the supporting document requirements in April has probably slowed the processing, as many applications will have been submitted incomplete, so QLD are having to go back to applicants to request additional documents.

The earliest outstanding application we have was lodged on 31st March 2009; we were told last week that it would be a further 6 weeks before a decision is made - it was a "low priority application."

For the full article: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=554

Tasha
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

HoriFTC will become famous soon enoughHoriFTC will become famous soon enough

Just a short question:

Will Queensland send an acknowledgement by E-mail of my State Sponsorship application sent to them by courier?
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Would also like to know the answer to this as I am about to courier this week.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

tezluelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by HoriFTC
Just a short question:

Will Queensland send an acknowledgement by E-mail of my State Sponsorship application sent to them by courier?
I never did get any acknowledgment so ended up emailing them 4 weeks later. However, I know others on here did get emails so I think I was probably a minority. HTH, Thereze.

Last edited by tezluelle; Aug 24th 2009 at 4:45 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road

Just to keep you all infomed:

SS was recieved by Qld 30 Mar 09. Recieved an email from Qld and my agent today requesting Funding info etc.

Nowhere near complete but at least it confirms that things are moving forward.

I am not a medical applicant my trade is chef.

Hope you all get some news soon

Liam
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Wow Liam that seems like a looooooong time to wait for SS,did you submit any financial proof initially?Are you under the impression that doctors and nurses are being processed sooner?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by shirlw
Wow Liam that seems like a looooooong time to wait for SS,did you submit any financial proof initially?Are you under the impression that doctors and nurses are being processed sooner?

i had heard from QLD officer once when i had called them, that medical professional applications are processed on priority in case they are present in Australia already and their Visa (temp) is going to expire soon....
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Clarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really niceClarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Liam Jackson
Just to keep you all infomed:

SS was recieved by Qld 30 Mar 09. Recieved an email from Qld and my agent today requesting Funding info etc.

Nowhere near complete but at least it confirms that things are moving forward.

I am not a medical applicant my trade is chef.

Hope you all get some news soon

Liam
hey liam,

just for an update, my husband is also a chef and received acknowledgement from qld ss on 9th april - we received a call from qld also requesting proof of finances last week. lets hope things move forward, it's been a long long wait for SS.

fingers crossed
Old Aug 25th 2009, 1:00 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

the financial information requirement is mandatory now... so, if you haven't already provided it my advice is to get on and do so as it will avoid a delay later, some of the proof isn't that quick and easy to gather either - especially in the case of mortgage statments and written house valuations if you are thinking of using property equity.

Good luck all, my fingers and toes remain crossed but as a May applicant there is some waiting for me yet
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
the financial information requirement is mandatory now... so, if you haven't already provided it my advice is to get on and do so as it will avoid a delay later, some of the proof isn't that quick and easy to gather either - especially in the case of mortgage statments and written house valuations if you are thinking of using property equity.

Good luck all, my fingers and toes remain crossed but as a May applicant there is some waiting for me yet

Thanks for that,trouble is though they don't seem interested in anything other than that which is liquid so it wouldn't matter if you had 10 houses that needed selling it seems
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

manix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Rinkerdink, I'm a May applicant also, at least they have started asking the March guys so with luck it might not be a too much longer, Don't mind another couple of months

I submitted the financials upfront and luckily don't have a house in the UK so am pretty liquid, but sent them details of pretty much all assets, savings, share certificates etc, and got them certified by the solicitor.

Going on Holiday for a couple of weeks next week so hopefully good news for all when I get back!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

missa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

I would like everyones advice/opinion. As stated earlier in the thread our application was received on 31st March. We didn't send any proof of funds as it wasn't something they were asking for at the time. I'm now wondering whether i should send at least some proof which may help the process when they get to us. However i have queried this with our agents who are saying only send when it is requested & what is requested!! I'm in a dilemma Personally i feel i should send something now but can understand what the agents are saying as i suppose it just takes them away from proccessing applications.

Therefore the question is should i or shouldn't i!!!! Any help would be much appreciated
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by missa
Hi Everyone

I would like everyones advice/opinion. As stated earlier in the thread our application was received on 31st March. We didn't send any proof of funds as it wasn't something they were asking for at the time. I'm now wondering whether i should send at least some proof which may help the process when they get to us. However i have queried this with our agents who are saying only send when it is requested & what is requested!! I'm in a dilemma Personally i feel i should send something now but can understand what the agents are saying as i suppose it just takes them away from proccessing applications.

Therefore the question is should i or shouldn't i!!!! Any help would be much appreciated
Hi

I asked my agent the same question today, they told me to wait until they ask for it because there not asking every person or not with my agents anyway.

I asked how much we would need if they did ask and told me $40 per couple, $60 per family of 4.... and they wont take the equity in your house into consideration which is silly !!

So i better get saving or sell the house quick !! We are a family or 4 and got just over the couple rate...nightmare !!

Lindsey
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

missa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LINZI32
Hi

I asked my agent the same question today, they told me to wait until they ask for it because there not asking every person or not with my agents anyway.

I asked how much we would need if they did ask and told me $40 per couple, $60 per family of 4.... and they wont take the equity in your house into consideration which is silly !!

So i better get saving or sell the house quick !! We are a family or 4 and got just over the couple rate...nightmare !!

Lindsey
Hi Lindsay

I've read on hear somewhere that they are asking for between £15000 & £20000 in liquid assets ( cant remember where i read it though !! ) We've nowhere near this!!! We have a business to sell which we have no intention of selling until we get our visa as it is our home & our job!! I am beginning to lose hope very rapidly!! The dream seems to be fading!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.