Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Prospective Marriage Visa Granted in 4 days!

Prospective Marriage Visa Granted in 4 days!

Old Jun 14th 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough
Default Prospective Marriage Visa Granted in 4 days!

Hi everyone,

I HAD MY VISA GRANTED TODAY!!!!!!!

I am so happy and can't belive it was so quick to issue, just got to send my passport off now and start planning!

If anyone needs any help or advise on the pmv I'd be happy to help and share my experience.

Nina

xx
Old Jun 14th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa Granted in 4 days!

Hi Nina,

Sure you remember me? Im about to submit my PMV application in 2 weeks. Congratulations on getting yours, in 4 days! Thats incredible!

I may PM you for advice if thats ok? I'd like to know what and how you submitted your application as I gear up to send mine off. Am so stressed and finding it hard to think positive about getting one myself.

What evidence did you submit with yours and how long have you been with your partner?

I hope I'm not/wont be a pain asking questions

Last edited by JBlokeUK; Jun 14th 2008 at 7:33 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Nina & good luck with the rest of your plans!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

Thank you both for your congratulations!

I know 4 days, I was very impressed!! That's fine u can ask as many questions as you like

I've been with my partner since oct 2006 and we don't live together as i bought a house with a friend a couple years ago so was tied to that.

I sent my application by courier and they deducted the application fee from my account the same day. Didn't know about a case officer until I was granted the visa! He called me as my e-mail address wasn't working so my visa grant kept boucing back! I told him the correct address and he e-mailed me a copy, I am waiting for the hard copy in the mail as you need that for the next stage (oh to go through this all over again!! but it'll be worth it!)

I front loaded my meds and police checks. I sent photocopies of birthday/x-mas/engagment cards and photocopies of flight stubs, iteneries etc. and about 8 pages of photos of the two of us, very cheesy lol.

I also sent off a copy of my partner's bank statement to show he can support me but that is only cos he is living over here and not in oz.

I had stat decs from friends and family over here and 2 form 888 from his mum and brother. I also had to send a certified copy of my partner's marriage and divorce cert from his previous marriage.

Other than that it was pasport photos, 2 of him, 4 of me, certified copies of our passports, birth certificates and a letter from the celebant confirming the wedding date, oh and the declarations by myself and my partner about our relationship, these were typed and signed and dated, I didn't get them witnessed. Then the actual application forms. I didn't do a form 80 and wasn't asked for one, phew!

I ordered everything thematically and divided each section with file dividers, paper clipping the pages together and then held it all together with an elastic band. Then I just wrote a brief cover letter.

Think that about covers it! I know how stressful it is and I was paranoid that I wouldn't get it but I'm sure u've put the hard work into it and all they need to see is that ur relationship is genuine and before u know it, u will have that approval e-mail! I had heard these visas were quick and I think 4 days proves that! U never know u might have urs in 3

Anything else just let me know and i'd be happy to help

Nina

xx
Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:16 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nina25
I sent my application by courier and they deducted the application fee from my account the same day. Didn't know about a case officer until I was granted the visa! He called me as my e-mail address wasn't working so my visa grant kept boucing back! I told him the correct address and he e-mailed me a copy, I am waiting for the hard copy in the mail as you need that for the next stage (oh to go through this all over again!! but it'll be worth it!)
First of all Congratulations!! That's excellent news!

Are you sure you will get a hard copy through the post though? I didn't - so I'm hoping you don't have to for the next stage as I only received the email grant which of course I've kept.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Hiya,

Thank you!

I'm sure he said i'd get a hard copy via mail, maybe I misheard through all the excitment! lol But I have the e-mail copy which is on headed paper so I guess it's the same thing.

Do you know if they will send back the documents, like the birth cert etc if I send a stamped address envelope, as these will be needed for the next stage? It would definitely be handy if they did!

Nina

xx
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Me and my partner have been together since December 07, however we first met in 2002 when she was living here and had a relationship then for 6 months too until she returned to Brisbane and we split and lost contact.

I'll be submitting mine in 2 weeks and the nearer it gets the less confident I feel of getting a PMV I wish I could explain why but I cant, I've just started to get negative feelings about it

I'll be submitting lots of photos, both recent and from back in 2002, emails/messages dating back to Nov 07 when we got in contact again, phone records dating back to then too, Photocopies of xmas/valentines/engagement cards, photocopies of ticket subs/itinery from my visit to Brisbane in April, 2 888 stat decs from her friends in OZ, proof of joint bank account in OZ, statements from both of us about our relationship/how we met etc, letter/other docs from marriage celebrant.

Am frontloading meds and just got my police check to include, also did the form 80 just in case. My partner is in a well paid job and she has provided pay slips, proof of employment etc so is able to support me for my initial entry to OZ, im also submitting a couple of emails from a company who may be interested in employing me too.

I just hope I have enough
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:28 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Me and my partner have been together since December 07, however we first met in 2002 when she was living here and had a relationship then for 6 months too until she returned to Brisbane and we split and lost contact.

I'll be submitting mine in 2 weeks and the nearer it gets the less confident I feel of getting a PMV I wish I could explain why but I cant, I've just started to get negative feelings about it

I'll be submitting lots of photos, both recent and from back in 2002, emails/messages dating back to Nov 07 when we got in contact again, phone records dating back to then too, Photocopies of xmas/valentines/engagement cards, photocopies of ticket subs/itinery from my visit to Brisbane in April, 2 888 stat decs from her friends in OZ, proof of joint bank account in OZ, statements from both of us about our relationship/how we met etc, letter/other docs from marriage celebrant.

Am frontloading meds and just got my police check to include, also did the form 80 just in case. My partner is in a well paid job and she has provided pay slips, proof of employment etc so is able to support me for my initial entry to OZ, im also submitting a couple of emails from a company who may be interested in employing me too.

I just hope I have enough
JBlokeUK I really think you don't need to worry so much - easy for me to say I know! They're basically just checking that you are in a genuine relationship with a future, have a clean police record and are in reasonable health. From what you've said you have plenty of evidence to support that its a genuine relationship! Try not to let it all get you down - I know from having been there that sometimes you can feel a bit bleak when you're so far away from the person you love and all you want is to be together - but you WILL get through this! Just make sure you've dotted all your i's crossed all your t's - anticipate any questions you think they might ask and answer them in your application.

As always, I'm wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to reading about you jumping up and down for joy when its granted
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks hun, sorry for going off on one, just gets hard sometimes

Anyway congrats again to Nina on getting hers. Nina im sure you and the OH are over the moon! When do you leave and where in OZ are you going?
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Like SillyOldBag says, it sounds to me also like you have loads of evidence. I had a couple of sleepless nites where I worried over everything but before I sent it off I felt strangley calm and was relieved so I could stop obsessing over my application forms!

If u've front loaded everything and have the evidence then I really don't see any reason why u shouldn't get a pmv. My partner was married previously, has a son in oz from another relationship and they did not question any of this because I guess they could see that everyone has a past and that my OH and I genuinely want a new life in Oz.

From what u've said ur partner has a good job and can support u when u get there so it should all be happy days

My OH and I were so excited this weekend and we are moving to Melbourne, he is going in Sept and I will follow him in Oct so I can tie up everything here. Where are you moving to?

The one thing I wasn't prepared for was people's reactions, I mean they were happy for me but also kinda reserved esp my mum as I think it's finally hit her that I'm going. Guess we don't always see it from the other perspective of the people we leave behind.

Nina

xx
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reassurance guys, much appreciated

Nina, told my family im applying and it hasn't gone down too well, especially where my mum is concerned, any mention of my fiancee or Australia and there is either no response or the subject is changed very quickly, even though they LOVE my fiancee, but there are signs that they are coming around, at least I hope they are. This is another problem I face at the moment. :curse:

My fiancee lives in Brisbane so thats where I'll be going, went there in April and loved it, was also a 45 minute drive from Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise which I loved too.