Prospective Marriage Visa

Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

You should be allocated a CO early next week so expect an email Monday or Tuesday I would say! Good luck!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

halfpint74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Hi Guys!!

Congratulations to all of you who have the visas...id be shouting down phone at OH lol.

I know the feeling....very exciting but scary.....i sent mine off two weeks ago and not heard anything yet and they took money more a loess straight away to not sure if that is a good sign or not...been for medicals today so hoping thats all they waiting for....I didnt send any stat declarations in from ozzie friends tho but surely they will let me know if they need anything through our migration agent.....really nervous they will say no but we ticked all the boxes and paid the migration agent enough to make sure it was right. Any advice?

Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by halfpint74
Hi Guys!!

Congratulations to all of you who have the visas...id be shouting down phone at OH lol.

I know the feeling....very exciting but scary.....i sent mine off two weeks ago and not heard anything yet and they took money more a loess straight away to not sure if that is a good sign or not...been for medicals today so hoping thats all they waiting for....I didnt send any stat declarations in from ozzie friends tho but surely they will let me know if they need anything through our migration agent.....really nervous they will say no but we ticked all the boxes and paid the migration agent enough to make sure it was right. Any advice?

If they don't think they have enough evidence they will ask for mo before considering a rejection, so don't panic
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Hi Guys!!

Yeah try not to worry, the thing that seems to happen is that people who dont hear anything soon after submitting an application tend to actually get their visas granted shortly after...

I got a PMV granted 2 weeks ago and I had heard from a CO a week after submission, my meds were referred and then I was asked to provide a psychiatrist assessment as I had a bad period of depression back in 2002, however nothing else was asked for in terms of relationship evidence etc and the next thing you know I got the grant email!

Trust me I know what your going through but try to stay positive!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guys!!

Thats what my OH keeps telling me.....I know it will be ok just need the nod now.....no problems today with medicals doc said x-ray and history was fine and kids thought it was great...day out of school lol. Im hoping and my OH is hoping that it will only take a few weeks and I can get back to him for Christmas....its been 6 weeks since Ive seen him and its killing me...feels like 16 weeks!!

Glad everything is going ok for everyone and no real dramas. Thanks everyone, keep me posted how you all get on I love reading these about people in same situation.

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know how long they give you after the visa is granted to enter Australia? Im assuming it is a reasonable timescale as people have to work notices and sort house out etc. Still not heard anything..hopefully no news is good news fingers and toes are crossed lol. xx
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:29 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how long they give you after the visa is granted to enter Australia? Im assuming it is a reasonable timescale as people have to work notices and sort house out etc. Still not heard anything..hopefully no news is good news fingers and toes are crossed lol. xx
If you are travelling on a Prospective Marriage Visa, one of the conditions is that within nine months you have to enter Australia, marry, and apply for the spouse visa itself.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Well my visa was granted on 7th October and I have to enter Australia before 31st Jan 09, which happens to be my wedding date!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:57 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Well my visa was granted on 7th October and I have to enter Australia before 31st Jan 09, which happens to be my wedding date!
That's the same as they did for me ... my visa was granted towards the end of Feb and I had to enter before early May which was my original wedding date. Ended up postponing the wedding til a couple of weeks ago though!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:58 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
That's the same as they did for me ... my visa was granted towards the end of Feb and I had to enter before early May which was my original wedding date. Ended up postponing the wedding til a couple of weeks ago though!
Its designed that way as one of the conditions of the visa is that you have to enter Australia before you get married
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:24 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its designed that way as one of the conditions of the visa is that you have to enter Australia before you get married
Well I knew that so shhhhh you - you may be my guru but that doesn't mean you can get cheeky madam!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:06 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Well I knew that so shhhhh you - you may be my guru but that doesn't mean you can get cheeky madam!
AHh, but I'm not sure everyone else knew it You don't do so bad in the guru stakes yourself, you know
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

I dont believe it....Had word today from DIAC saying they need stats declarations from friends / family and I now have to pay over £100 for a declaration for sons dad granting him permission to say he can go....:curse:

what do these declarations have to say from friends / family??? I just want it to go through as soon as possible...

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:29 pm
Home and Happy

I dont believe it....Had word today from DIAC saying they need stats declarations from friends / family and I now have to pay over £100 for a declaration for sons dad granting him permission to say he can go....:curse:

what do these declarations have to say from friends / family??? I just want it to go through as soon as possible...

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

Did you read the partner booklet from DIAC - that tells you that you need Stat Decs from friends and family.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf
They should talk about how they know you as a couple, how often they see you, how they view your relationship, and how they see you making commitments to each other, that sort of thing. Your family can talk about how they look forward to welcoming your partner into the family and how any kids are looking forward to having a new Uncle (my sister's kids did that bit!). You best friend might like to write about how she is looking forward to coming to Australia to meet your new partner and how you have talked to her about your plans for the future together.
DIAC needs to see that other people view this as a genuine relationship. If you search BE for threads on Spouse Visa Stat Decs you'll find loads of info on them.
If you are getting Stat Decs from Aussies, then they need to attach proof of their PR status or citizenship. If they aren't Aussies, no need to worry. Also an Aussie has to use form 888. If you look at this form it also gives you some hints about the sort of thing you should write.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf

Its also laid out in the partner booklet that you must show that the child's other parent consents to the move

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 24th 2008 at 11:33 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Thanks for that info...would I be able to get 2 ozzy stat declarations filled in on the form 888 and one statement from my parent, would this be sufficient?

Im really annoyed we have paid our migration agent to tell us what we need to do and he isnt....:curse: All he has done is fill out the forms for us and tell us about the email from DIAC....Would I also need to send the original form or could my OH scan them to me so I can print them off and send them like that as a print off?

Many thanks you have been a great help and keeping me right.

xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.