Prospective Marriage Visa

Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

neil_coul will become famous soon enoughneil_coul will become famous soon enough
Default Prospective Marriage Visa

Hi

Is it true I need to get two statuatory declarations from Australian Citizens
for a prospective marriage visa.

I have filled in the form but didn't see that bit.

Thanks

Neil
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

jonese19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Hi

Hope this helps, i know i have been told all different things too about this visa my partner is considering getting one and i found out everything i needed to know here.

(sub class 300 - prospective marriage visa)

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part.../300/index.htm

Hope this helps

Emma
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil_coul
Hi

Is it true I need to get two statuatory declarations from Australian Citizens
for a prospective marriage visa.

I have filled in the form but didn't see that bit.

Thanks

Neil
If you can't get them from Aussies, it not tragic. As long as you have several you'll be OK - try and get a mix of friends/family, and if possible friends and family on both sides.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

neil_coul will become famous soon enoughneil_coul will become famous soon enough

Hi

Thanks for that,I think I can get one from an Australian citizen.how many none Australian declarations would I need to put in with the application to make it up?

Thanks

Neil
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

I got my PMV in June and had the similar worries.

I had 4 non Aussie stat decs and 2 Aussie ones, but only because we had been on holiday to see his mum and brother last year. If you are both in the UK, as me and my OH are, then I don't think they necessarily expect you to have lots of Aussie stat decs. Also we didn't live together, have a joint bank account or anything like that and I got mine fine.

Good luck and if you have any queations just ask

Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil_coul
Hi

Thanks for that,I think I can get one from an Australian citizen.how many none Australian declarations would I need to put in with the application to make it up?

Thanks

Neil
A many as you can get the more the merrier.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Everyone,I better get them sorted,

Neil
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:03 am
Just Joined

cute_teacher is an unknown quantity at this point

If anyone on here has had a Prospective Marriage Visa granted, and you are from the UK, can you let me know how long you waited til it was granted? I sent off my visa application yesterday with all medicals, police checks etc included.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:28 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Mine took 2 weeks from the date it was received in London to the date the visa was granted. I heard from them after a week querying something and then a week later I got THE email confirming visa - yayyy! That was back in February this year.

Good luck with your visa - hope you hear soon
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:43 am
Just Joined

When do they take the money out?
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:56 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

They took my money the day they received the application. I checked with my credit card company.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed it wont take too long.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

STILL waiting for mine after submitting in late July but thats only because I declared that I had suffered depression back in 2002 and a psychiatrist assessment was requested, which has now been sent and waiting anxiously to see if i meet the health requirement! :curse:

As long as you have no medical problems then you should be fine, will probably get yours before mine!!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Good Luck,I am sure you will all be fine and get it soon. I would be really interested in how long it takes you.

I am applying in January.Hopefully it won't take to long.

Thanks

Neil
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Theyve taken the money out of my account now (2 days after they would have received the application). So im guessing it is being processed now?? AAARRGGGHHH - scary! Its all happening now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.