Processing time for successful EOI invitee

Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:17 am
Just Joined

johnli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing time for successful EOI invitee

Hi Experts,

can anyone suggest the processing time for successful EOI invitee?

For example, it used to take 12 months for sc189. SkillSelect says it will be more responsive with EOI, but how long exactly is more responsive?

many thanks in advance

John
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:36 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing time for successful EOI invitee

Originally Posted by johnli
Hi Experts,

can anyone suggest the processing time for successful EOI invitee? No idea. It's only been going since July, so there's no way anyone will be able to really know that. Plus it's not a timeline site.

For example, it used to take 12 months for sc189. SkillSelect says it will be more responsive with EOI, but how long exactly is more responsive? No it didn't. The 189 was introduced on the 1st July, so it didn't take 12 months to process before as it didn't exist.

many thanks in advance

John
Welcome to the forum.

Answers in red.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Sep 19th 2012 at 3:39 am.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Welcome to the forum.

Answers in red.
I get the processing time from this website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

As you said, the new rule just came out, not much knowledge is out there. My lawyer told me it is going to be 1-2 months, it is optimistic you think?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:02 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I get the processing time from this website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm

As you said, the new rule just came out, not much knowledge is out there. My lawyer told me it is going to be 1-2 months, it is optimistic you think?
The processing times on the website don't change the fact that the 189 didn't exist until July, so it would be impossible for it to have taken 12 months to process before.

There have been some SkillSelect grants already, but as far as I'm aware they were 190s. I think one to two months is probably a bit optimistic.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:18 am
Just Joined

The processing times on the website don't change the fact that the 189 didn't exist until July, so it would be impossible for it to have taken 12 months to process before.

There have been some SkillSelect grants already, but as far as I'm aware they were 190s. I think one to two months is probably a bit optimistic.
I have got the invitation for 189, a bit lucky. Given this round is only 100 people, the processing time should be short. will see.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:21 am

I have got the invitation for 189, a bit lucky. Given this round is only 100 people, the processing time should be short. will see.
Yes, but they also have other visa subclasses to process, not just 189s.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Yes, but they also have other visa subclasses to process, not just 189s.
Yes, agreed. it is just during EOI, the docs have already been processed once, it seems inefficient to spend long time on the second round of processing.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:29 am

Yes, agreed. it is just during EOI, the docs have already been processed once, it seems inefficient to spend long time on the second round of processing.
They haven't been processed during the EoI - that part is automated. The real processing starts once you've lodged your application. There are checks on employment & security etc. Things need to be verified.