Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Processing time for MODL (nurses) has changed!

Processing time for MODL (nurses) has changed!

Old Aug 16th 2004, 5:13 am
Stef

Default Processing time for MODL (nurses) has changed!

I was informed this morning by ASPC that processing times for Nurses
is now 6-8 months not the 4-6 months previously stated by them on
email and on the acknowledgement letter. She assured me that post 1
July applications are not effecting processing times.
Stef

Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Processing time for MODL (nurses) has changed!

Originally Posted by Stef
Stef

Hi Stef

Is this for real? I thought nurses applications had priority and that from July lst all MODl occupations would get priority. This whole process is turning into a shambles you loose faith in the whole system don't you? If they are so desperate for nurses they're going about it in a strange way.

Thanks for the info Stef.

Jayne (really pissed off nurse)
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Just had another thought on this news. If nurses are still getting priority on MODl (which is now taking longer) does this have a knock on effect for all other applications. What I'm trying to say is if aspc are having to increase the timeline for modl applications there is obviously too many applications to get through so the same should appply for non modl and possibly their timeline. I do think that unfortunately the changes on July 1st must be having some impact on pre July applications.

Jayne
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:58 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jayne+doug
Hi

Just had another thought on this news. If nurses are still getting priority on MODl (which is now taking longer) does this have a knock on effect for all other applications. What I'm trying to say is if aspc are having to increase the timeline for modl applications there is obviously too many applications to get through so the same should appply for non modl and possibly their timeline. I do think that unfortunately the changes on July 1st must be having some impact on pre July applications.

Jayne
Jayne+doug,
you are right you can see that the post july are taking it toll on everything. There was also a message from George on my previous thread..

Cheers
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: Processing time for MODL (nurses) has changed!

Originally Posted by jayne+doug
Hi

Jayne
Obviously things HAVE changed in DIMIA. When we sussed out time lines prior to applying , nurses were still priority MODL being processed in anything from 3 weeks to 4 months ,never saw one taking longer. Now processing in 6-8 months , definetly big change. If it's true we will miss out on our jobs of choice but there is still plenty work out there ,maybe not in our field but once a nurse ,you can wipe anyones backside ! LOL!!!
As my husband says ,"There is NOTHING we can do , so just have to sit back and wait" , it WILL happen for us nurses regardless.
BIG HUG to you all and chin up we will get there EVENTUALLY !!!!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Stef
Stef
I can't believe it I took my time completing the application thinking I've got loads of time, but now if this is true I'm going to be really pushing it!! I was hoping to put house up for sale soon, but I don't want to risk it and having to rent until I have a good idea when and if i'll get the visa.
Bummer!! Oh well will get there eventually!
Good Luck everyone Marie