Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Presenting Application Spouse Visa 309 (de facto)

Presenting Application Spouse Visa 309 (de facto)

Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:24 am
STG
Account Closed

STG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Presenting Application Spouse Visa 309 (de facto)

Hello

My partner and I are (almost) ready to submit our application for the de facto (spouse 309) visa. Got SOOO much info that we got together (hopefully it is relevant).... I read somewhere that they dont allow file dividers, staples, paperclips etc.....How do we present the info? Seems like it has to be separated up to make sense! Anyone have a suggestion?

Just to clarify, is the processing time UP to six months?

Thanks for any feedback in advance

Sarah
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:38 am
Just Joined

woowaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Presenting Application Spouse Visa 309 (de facto)

Hi there

I handed in my de-facto at Oz House at the end of November, I had a nice file, with plastic pockets and dividers, I was told to take it all out of the pockets and not include the dividers, felt like a right wally in the middle of the waiting room with all my personal info spread everywhere. I did have a contents sheet, and then everything in order and titled in reference to it. You'd have to go back to the immi website but that was my experience.

As for time my memory of what it says on the immi website was at least 12 weeks, maybe more depending on their workload and your information. Well my experience, and in no way a guideline for others was under 4 weeks, I had front loaded meds and police check but I still had information missing. I may have just been lucky, but maybe prepare for the worst but hope for the best
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:47 am
STG
Account Closed

Wow! They made you take everything out!
Ok. So I should get a contents page and number all the pages that I am including? Do you think it would be advisable to number the pages?

Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

auds is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I posted my 309 application last weekend. I used paper clips but no staples or dividers or plastic folders. I read somewhere that you were'nt supposed to use paper clips but I also read somewhereelse (which I think was the Australia House website) that paper clips were the only thing you could use. I then put it into a big envelope.

Not sure of what time lines are like now...think application would only have arrived today. I have frount loaded. Now the wait....

A
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:08 am
STG
Account Closed

Thanks auds!

Yeah paperclips can separate the info out which is necessary! Did you number pages and have contents/ index page? I have lost where I read about displaying your application (argh!)

Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

I didnt number or index the pages. I did have a cover letter whcih set out the different categories of info I was enclosing eg financial, household etc, I then had sub-headings giving a general idea of what is in each category eg, copy bank statement showing transfer of monies.

Am glad application has gone in as don't have to do 'visa chores' everyday but having moments of panic that I didnt have enough info!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auds
I didnt number or index the pages. I did have a cover letter whcih set out the different categories of info I was enclosing eg financial, household etc, I then had sub-headings giving a general idea of what is in each category eg, copy bank statement showing transfer of monies.

Am glad application has gone in as don't have to do 'visa chores' everyday but having moments of panic that I didnt have enough info!
When I handed mine in I was told that each page is scanned. Therefore plastic sleeves, staples, paperclips etc are a real pain as they have to stop and remove them all.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:26 pm
STG
Account Closed

Cool thats a great help
Another quick question.... did you make an exact copy for yourself? Incase they say that we didnt include something in application? Its pretty stressful trying to get everything organised when so almost there!
Not sure how much it weighs but even worried about posting it! urgh will be such a relief to get it posted off!
Thanks for responses
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:30 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

did you make an exact copy for yourself?
Standard practice is that you retain a photocopy of everything you send in.
We retain a copy of every original document, then photocopy that to send in certified copies.

However, then entire application is copied before submitting.

And, yes, DIAC does lose documents from time to time.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

ya I photocopied the application before I posted it, took ages and had sore legs/arms next day..hang in there, you'll have it sent soon!!

I posted mine by recorded delivery from Ireland and it cost 15 euro which I didnt think was too bad.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:38 pm
STG
Account Closed

I CANT wait till this is in, it really is the visa chore daily!! We'll see how we go.......
goodluck with yours!!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sarah

Thought I would update you on processing times! Visa granted yesterday, cant believe it, am away in Rome at moment and didnt check email yesterday and checked today and there the email was, it took 2 days to process, incredible.

Am going to do a proper email with tips on how we did our application when I get home as ours wasnt straight forward as we had lived apart for a good bit but still got visa

best of luck with yours.

auds
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ya I photocopied the application before I posted it, took ages and had sore legs/arms next day..hang in there, you'll have it sent soon!!

I posted mine by recorded delivery from Ireland and it cost 15 euro which I didnt think was too bad.
Copy EVERYTHING! Not just in case it gets lost, but if you are getting the Pros Marriage Visa, or the Temp Spouse visa you may later have to refer back to what you sent this time
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Hi Sarah

Thought I would update you on processing times! Visa granted yesterday, cant believe it, am away in Rome at moment and didnt check email yesterday and checked today and there the email was, it took 2 days to process, incredible.

Am going to do a proper email with tips on how we did our application when I get home as ours wasnt straight forward as we had lived apart for a good bit but still got visa

best of luck with yours.

auds
Congratulations!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:45 am
STG
Account Closed

wow that is amazing! congrats!!

im still alllllmost there!!
will be good to see how and what was involved with yours. all the best

sarah