Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Post $100,000 but then wait year to get it back before moving?

Post $100,000 but then wait year to get it back before moving?

Old May 12th 2004, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post $100,000 but then wait year to get it back before moving?

Hello
I am a bit new to all this and was wondering if anyone knew if I post the $100,000 bond for the extra five points, I would then not have any money to move and would need to pay it back, so could I then wait until the year was up, get the $100k back, pay off the debt, then move to Australia - I would still be in the five year period, so do you know if that would be okay??

Thanks very much
Jana
Old May 12th 2004, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post $100,000 but then wait year to get it back before moving?

Originally posted by jana1
Hello
I am a bit new to all this and was wondering if anyone knew if I post the $100,000 bond for the extra five points, I would then not have any money to move and would need to pay it back, so could I then wait until the year was up, get the $100k back, pay off the debt, then move to Australia - I would still be in the five year period, so do you know if that would be okay??

Thanks very much
Jana

That would be OK but remember that you will have to make a trip to Aus anyway to validate your visa.
Old May 12th 2004, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi Jana,

That is exactly what I am going to do. I have no property to sell so I am saving hard and will take out a loan to make up the difference. Then invest the money and wait for 12 months, get the cash back, pay off my investors and go....I will have a keen eye on the exchange rates during this time as I could make or lose a few grand but in my eyes it is worth the risk.

Oh yeah, and I'll have to pop over and validate......so will need to keep some cash back for that.

All this for 5 points....

SS
Old May 14th 2004, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Kievah is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently considering a prospective marriage visa, myself being Australia and my fiancee American. We are both young and currently without assets and lucrative employment, but we have an Assurer. Could this kind of bond apply to our situation?
Old May 14th 2004, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

K S Adityan is an unknown quantity at this point

Only a discretionary assurance of support (if requested) is required. No bond for this kind of visa. Good luck.
Old May 14th 2004, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

K S Adityan is an unknown quantity at this point

My previous message is for Kievah.
Old May 14th 2004, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Kievah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your reply, you saved me a heart attack!

I'm sorry for busting in on the thread, too.