Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Police reports for onshore 885 visa application

Police reports for onshore 885 visa application

Old Oct 7th 2010, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Inception is on a distinguished road
Default Police reports for onshore 885 visa application

Hi, I finished my course in July 2010 and applied for an 885 visa onshore in August 2010. I only provided bank cheques that I made for police reports at the time of application. Would it be okay to do this as proof of that I have actually applied for police reports from the countries that I have lived for in the past 10 years? I still have not received the actual police reports as it takes a while to get the police reports. I need to get police reports from UK, Malaysia and Australia. Malaysia is the main problem as I was told that it might take anywhere from 3 to 5 months to get a police report from Malaysia. My question is, will my 885 visa be rejected since I did not provide the police reports at the time of the visa application for 885 or will providing bank cheques be sufficient? I am really worried as I have already applied for the 885 and I am wondering if I should withdraw this application as I still have time to apply for a new 885 since I am still on a student visa studying another course and I have until January 2011 to apply for the 885 since I only completed my course in July 2010.

Last edited by Inception; Oct 7th 2010 at 1:37 am.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police reports for onshore 885 visa application

From what I remember you only had to have APPLIED for your police checks.

I am HUGELY suprised that you have not had your British and Ozzie ones back yet. Hubbies and mine came back really quick.

You would assume if they just ask for proof of application, that the date they arrived would not be as important as when you actually applied for them. I was lucky in that I applied early so mine had already (really quickly) arrived back before I got to the applying for the visa stage.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Inception
Hi, I finished my course in July 2010 and applied for an 885 visa onshore in August 2010. I only provided bank cheques that I made for police reports at the time of application. Would it be okay to do this as proof of that I have actually applied for police reports from the countries that I have lived for in the past 10 years? I still have not received the actual police reports as it takes a while to get the police reports. I need to get police reports from UK, Malaysia and Australia. Malaysia is the main problem as I was told that it might take anywhere from 3 to 5 months to get a police report from Malaysia. My question is, will my 885 visa be rejected since I did not provide the police reports at the time of the visa application for 885 or will providing bank cheques be sufficient? I am really worried as I have already applied for the 885 and I am wondering if I should withdraw this application as I still have time to apply for a new 885 since I am still on a student visa studying another course and I have until January 2011 to apply for the 885 since I only completed my course in July 2010.
Hi, we did our 485 visa app online and didn't have our uk police checks back at the time. We just uploaded them to the app once they came in. Friends who applied for the same didn't even send off for their uk police checks, when a CO was appointed, the CO asked for them and they got them then. Didn't affect anything other than just delaying the process.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi, we did our 485 visa app online and didn't have our uk police checks back at the time. We just uploaded them to the app once they came in. Friends who applied for the same didn't even send off for their uk police checks, when a CO was appointed, the CO asked for them and they got them then. Didn't affect anything other than just delaying the process.

Cheers
Mandy
Do you know anyone who has been granted the 485 visa yet? Just wondering how long they are taking...
Old Oct 7th 2010, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Do you know anyone who has been granted the 485 visa yet? Just wondering how long they are taking...
A friend on hubbys course got his three weeks ago. He had applied 10 days before us, on the 6th November, so hoping that we will hear v soon. He went through an agent, not sure if this would make it quicker?

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 7th 2010, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

fingers crossed for you. Who would have thought a temp visa would take them so bloody long?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

fingers crossed for you. Who would have thought a temp visa would take them so bloody long?
Thanx,

kind of expected it to be a full year, but got my hopes up just after we had applied that it would be quicker due to all the changes and me (wrongly) thinking that everyone who had applied under the old TRA rules may have been dealt with quicker.

Not to worry, we are in a much better position than others. Hubby has almost completed his year in the industry so as soon as we get the graduate visa in we can apply for PR. If we have to pay for new medicals then hay, at least we are able to apply. . .

How is the job ready program going?

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

I am not doing it. I did the first step, but as my job doesn't seem to be on any state lists it would be a total waste of a huge amount of money. my work place is going to try to sponsor me for a RSMS visa, so fingers crossed, but due to the luck we have had getting to stay over here already, I wouldn't be suprised if it all went tits up.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I am not doing it. I did the first step, but as my job doesn't seem to be on any state lists it would be a total waste of a huge amount of money. my work place is going to try to sponsor me for a RSMS visa, so fingers crossed, but due to the luck we have had getting to stay over here already, I wouldn't be suprised if it all went tits up.
Good luck with it. . .stay positive n I'm sure it will all work out in the end ;-)

Cheers
Mandy