POLICE CLEARANCE CHECKS (PCC)

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POLICE CLEARANCE CHECKS (PCC)

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Well I'll be able to give you a definative answer pretty soon!

Rob
I have a bit more news on this actually:

It is still true that the new PCs are still not "official", but according to an ACPO person we spoke to they have now updated the form and they have also been changed in terms of validity, so they are now valid for 12 months (they were not, a few days ago).

Apparently there will be a change over period until August where both checks will be accepted. After August, people wanting the old subject access requests will not be able to obtain them for migration purposes (apparently it is costing them over £20 to issue each one and they are running at a massive loss).

ACPO are currently based in Hampshire. Which is why the Hampshire Constabulary are really pushing the program.

They are willing to accept bank transfers in limited circumstances (she did not say what they were) but they do prefer cheques/banker’s drafts etc. Also, they are able to send them directly to the agent if the applicant includes a cover letter asking for that to occur.

At the moment they can only accept postal applications (and because they are at a PO Box address, they cannot accept couriers either), but they will turn the documents around in the stated time.

This update has come from ACPO and not DIAC, but the lady seemed to know what she was talking about.

Cheers
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veronika
I have a bit more news on this actually:

It is still true that the new PCs are still not "official", but according to an ACPO person we spoke to they have now updated the form and they have also been changed in terms of validity, so they are now valid for 12 months (they were not, a few days ago).

Apparently there will be a change over period until August where both checks will be accepted. After August, people wanting the old subject access requests will not be able to obtain them for migration purposes (apparently it is costing them over £20 to issue each one and they are running at a massive loss).

ACPO are currently based in Hampshire. Which is why the Hampshire Constabulary are really pushing the program.

They are willing to accept bank transfers in limited circumstances (she did not say what they were) but they do prefer cheques/banker’s drafts etc. Also, they are able to send them directly to the agent if the applicant includes a cover letter asking for that to occur.

At the moment they can only accept postal applications (and because they are at a PO Box address, they cannot accept couriers either), but they will turn the documents around in the stated time.

This update has come from ACPO and not DIAC, but the lady seemed to know what she was talking about.

Cheers
Thanks!
If someone with a DIAC connection, maybe as an agent or working for an agency, could verify the DIAC position on this ACPO update too, it woudl be great.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

So please clarify!!

I can get this new form for PCC (I live in Hampshire, local police station does not do old form) get approved and it will be vailid for 12 months now!?!?

I would like to front load so just want to know when to kick off the process!!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Hi Guys

We have just used this service as the CO wanted our son to have a PCC as he is now 16. I have to say whilst expensive, the premium service costs £70, it was duly turned around and on our door mat in the advertised 2 days.

The old way (£10) is still available but we reasoned why wait up to 40 days for its processing and then the inevitable longer wait for the visa, horses for course I suppose.

Rob
The old way isnt available anymore, we went to our police station to re-validate th eone's we have already lodged with DIAC and was re-directed to the new system (35.00 for 6 months), so the 12 month one's we have submitted to DIAC expire in October 2008, not much point doing them again..............I think the Police have acted without any consultation with DIAC, Migration agents or anyone else with any common sense or knowledge of the visa process!.............Typical really, another fund raising scam for the Police if you ask me on top of all the speed camera's etc!, 35.00 is outrageous!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:56 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I realise that the acceptance of these certificates is under debate , we are having exactly the same problems over on the canada board.

But any police station that tells you that the old 10ukp subject access route is unavailable is WRONG.

You have a right uder the data protection act to access any information held about you on their computers . They are only allowed to chrage a maximum of 10ukp for this service and you do NOT have to provide a reason.

just my two cents worth , i think it is disgusting that this new "service" at three times the price is being touted in this way.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road

For info my wife and I have both applied for PCC's at seperate police stations and both accepted the 'old' £10 application forms. It would seem these forms are still valid......at least I hope they are !
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stellaman
So please clarify!!

I can get this new form for PCC (I live in Hampshire, local police station does not do old form) get approved and it will be vailid for 12 months now!?!?

I would like to front load so just want to know when to kick off the process!!
I can email you the old style hampshire form if you want it. If you do want it pm me with your email address.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:33 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by grays
For info my wife and I have both applied for PCC's at seperate police stations and both accepted the 'old' £10 application forms. It would seem these forms are still valid......at least I hope they are !
They do still accept them as I scanned my pccs to my CO on 23/2/08 & my visa was granted yesterday
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

They do definitely accept the "old" police clearances and they also accept the new. As soon as there is a change in the law and they completely rule out the old clearances I will post a thread up about it, don't worry.

As for the validity of the "new" clearances, yes they are now apparently valid for 12 months. The new form available from the website no longer has the information about them only having a validity of 6 months. And we have verbal confirmation that the 6 month restriction has been removed.

So you should be fine with either.

Cheers

Last edited by Veronika; Feb 29th 2008 at 6:45 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we are in another thread about this

I can see that DIAC are still accepting the old pcc's- this isnt our problem

We are finding it hard getting the police to do us one of the old ones

In October we went to our local police station, handed in the forms, show ID and paid the fee, we got our police checks no problem

We then decided to have new police checks done because we wanted them to be dated roughly the same time as our meds (12/3/08) and went through the same procidure only this time to be told at the same local police station (Dewsbury) that they no longer do it there and they gave us a website address,

My husband downloaded the forms 3wk ago but they were asking for £35 and said only valid 6months (some say its now 12months) we then went on west yorkshire website and saw they still did do the subject access so we printed off the forms, sent in the £10 each with all the info and thought it would be okay but they came back on wednesday saying we had to do it the ACRO way because these new changes had just come into force :curse:

Go Matilda will be getting back to us about this ... been wondering whether we might as well stick with the original plans of making the move in September instead

Anyway we will see what Lorraine has to say first because we honestly dont know whats going on with it all- west yorkshire police dont seem to want our money even though DIAC are still accepting the subject access ones!!

Will keep you posted guys
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Hi all, we are in another thread about this

I can see that DIAC are still accepting the old pcc's- this isnt our problem

We are finding it hard getting the police to do us one of the old ones

In October we went to our local police station, handed in the forms, show ID and paid the fee, we got our police checks no problem

We then decided to have new police checks done because we wanted them to be dated roughly the same time as our meds (12/3/08) and went through the same procidure only this time to be told at the same local police station (Dewsbury) that they no longer do it there and they gave us a website address,

My husband downloaded the forms 3wk ago but they were asking for £35 and said only valid 6months (some say its now 12months) we then went on west yorkshire website and saw they still did do the subject access so we printed off the forms, sent in the £10 each with all the info and thought it would be okay but they came back on wednesday saying we had to do it the ACRO way because these new changes had just come into force :curse:

Go Matilda will be getting back to us about this ... been wondering whether we might as well stick with the original plans of making the move in September instead

Anyway we will see what Lorraine has to say first because we honestly dont know whats going on with it all- west yorkshire police dont seem to want our money even though DIAC are still accepting the subject access ones!!

Will keep you posted guys
Have a read of the posts in THIS thread. As you will see there is no evidence as yet that DIAC will accept the new forms, but watch this space for updates.

As for getting the old checks, the police CANNOT refuse to process a request for subject access. These reports are done for many reasons besides migration, and you are perfectly entitled to apply for one. If the police are being difficult, then just don't tell them its for migration purposes.