POLICE CLEARANCE CHECKS (PCC)

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Brissie Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Checks

Hi, just wanted to make people aware that the procedure for UK police checks has now changed. You will no longer be able to apply through your local police station and the processing fee has gone from £10 to £35 or even £70 if you require priority checking.
Additionally, you need to produce passport photo's certified on the back by either someone from the medical profession, a teacher, judge ect. so more expense added on there!
I have been assured that the process time will be dramatically reduced. However, the new style certificate will only be valid for six months!!!

More details on the following web page:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default POLICE CLEARANCE CHECKS (PCC)

FYI Got a mail from the Police. You may know already

Pilot scheme for police for people wanting PCC's for Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Re: POLICE CLEARANCE CHECKS (PCC)

OH and its now £35

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

I've just taken a look at the site and not only has the fee gone up from £10 to £35, but you have to have a passport photo of yourself, signed on the back by a guarantoryou also need a copy of your passportand at least 2 utility bills, bank statement or something to prove your address.....
Oh and the final nail in the coffin?? is that your police certificate will only be valid for 6 MONTHS!!!
I did plan on frontloading my meds and pcc when sending of for our visa, but this isn't going to happen now??
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: POLICE CLEARANCE CHECKS (PCC)

Hi Guys

We have just used this service as the CO wanted our son to have a PCC as he is now 16. I have to say whilst expensive, the premium service costs £70, it was duly turned around and on our door mat in the advertised 2 days.

The old way (£10) is still available but we reasoned why wait up to 40 days for its processing and then the inevitable longer wait for the visa, horses for course I suppose.

Rob
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Hi Guys

We have just used this service as the CO wanted our son to have a PCC as he is now 16. I have to say whilst expensive, the premium service costs £70, it was duly turned around and on our door mat in the advertised 2 days.

The old way (£10) is still available but we reasoned why wait up to 40 days for its processing and then the inevitable longer wait for the visa, horses for course I suppose.

Rob

Hi Rob, does your son's pcc also have a validation date of 6 months or is it for 12 months as are the old £10 ones??
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future

Hi Memewest

It is only valid for 6 months which, means that it will run out before we intend to go, however, we used this service so as not to slow up our application, fingers crossed and all that. What we intend to do now is apply for the old £10 one which will give us the whole 12 month window and with it more flexibility.

Rob
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:39 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Hi Memewest

It is only valid for 6 months which, means that it will run out before we intend to go, however, we used this service so as not to slow up our application, fingers crossed and all that. What we intend to do now is apply for the old £10 one which will give us the whole 12 month window and with it more flexibility.

Rob
Its really expensive form 1101 only charges $32.75, but I suppose if you are in a hurry to get a police check.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Memewest

Rob

Think i am going to go into my local police station on monday and see about sending off the old £10 form, as it takes about 40 days to come through, it may just last the whole visa process...at least it'll be valid for 12months and not 6....
I think this will stop a lot of people frontloading their pcc's as they run the risk of them outdating....
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:27 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Hi Memewest

Rob
It also only looks at your address for the last 5 Years:

"Have you lived at this address for 5 years or more? Yes  No 
If No, please provide details of your previous address(es) for the last five years (including dates) on the separate continuation sheet."

Glad I did mine early!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TJUK
It also only looks at your address for the last 5 Years:

"Have you lived at this address for 5 years or more? Yes  No 
If No, please provide details of your previous address(es) for the last five years (including dates) on the separate continuation sheet."

Glad I did mine early!
Is this a UK pilot scheme? Here in Ireland the pc's are free or so I have been told anyway.

Helena
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:00 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helena39
Is this a UK pilot scheme? Here in Ireland the pc's are free or so I have been told anyway.

Helena
From the link above:

Police Certificates

The ACPO Criminal Records Office is piloting an initiative to provide Police Certificates for Visa purposes. The four countries involved in the pilot are Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America.

The attached application form and associated guidance should be used when applying for a Police Certificate, which will provide the results of a criminal record check.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Having spoken to a couple of agents, I should pass on the info that as yet DIAC have not indicated that they will accept the new checks, regardless of what the ACPO site says. One major agent advised me that until form 47P is updated by DIAC he will not be advising people to use the new checks because it is unclear as to DIAC's view on them.

Also underdebate in other forums -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510996
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514053
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514258
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Two threads on the subject merged
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Having spoken to a couple of agents, I should pass on the info that as yet DIAC have not indicated that they will accept the new checks, regardless of what the ACPO site says. One major agent advised me that until form 47P is updated by DIAC he will not be advising people to use the new checks because it is unclear as to DIAC's view on them.

Also underdebate in other forums -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510996
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514053
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514258
Well I'll be able to give you a definative answer pretty soon!

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.