Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Police Clearance Certificates: Problems getting a South African one

Police Clearance Certificates: Problems getting a South African one

Old Aug 24th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

VickyMel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Clearance Certificates: Problems getting a South African one

Just remembered SA post offices in Gauteng are ion strike at the moment - but you are probably using a courier from overseas.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

candysa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VickyMel
Just remembered SA post offices in Gauteng are ion strike at the moment - but you are probably using a courier from overseas.
I'm not using a courier, my mom sent everything off for me and included a prepaid delivery postnet bag for them to return it to us. Fingers crossed we get it soon. Only sending in my visa application form this week, so gives us some time.

Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
I got my finger prints done at the Guildford HQ. They have their own forms and they sign and stamp them with the UK police stuff. That's what you are paying £60 I suppose!
Just booked our finger print appointment at Guildford. Did you not print off and use the S.A. form?

Cost £127 for 3 of us. £63+£32+£32.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:30 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Just booked our finger print appointment at Guildford. Did you not print off and use the S.A. form?

Cost £127 for 3 of us. £63+£32+£32.
They use the British one. Make sure your take you SA ID books / passports with you.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

The police lady said we must bring our own S.A. forms + valid passports + proof of address.

I'll take the SAPS ones just in case.

So you're saying they'll accept UK fingerprint forms in Pretoria as well?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:41 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The police lady said we must bring our own S.A. forms + valid passports + proof of address.

I'll take the SAPS ones just in case.

So you're saying they'll accept UK fingerprint forms in Pretoria?
Sorry, misunderstanding:

The form that the fingerprints go on is British and the accompanying form which you put your personal particulars on is from the SAPS. I didn't have to take the SAPS form to get the prints taken but it wont do any harm to take it along with your proof of address just in case.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers Paul.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:42 am
Just Joined

mguy84 will become famous soon enoughmguy84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paulry
Sorry, misunderstanding:

The form that the fingerprints go on is British and the accompanying form which you put your personal particulars on is from the SAPS. I didn't have to take the SAPS form to get the prints taken but it wont do any harm to take it along with your proof of address just in case.
Unfortunately I also have to provide a SA PCC because my wife and I lived there over 9 years ago. I have used Bunny Hop Documents (quoted earlier in this thread) at a cost of £110 all inclusive. I have sent the fingerprints on the UK form and certified copies of ID documents. I have not been asked to provide any SA forms. This is the first time that I have heard that the SAPS form has to be completed as well - does not inspire confidence in this company.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mguy84
Unfortunately I also have to provide a SA PCC because my wife and I lived there over 9 years ago. I have used Bunny Hop Documents (quoted earlier in this thread) at a cost of £110 all inclusive. I have sent the fingerprints on the UK form and certified copies of ID documents. I have not been asked to provide any SA forms. This is the first time that I have heard that the SAPS form has to be completed as well - does not inspire confidence in this company.
The policelady in Guildford where we had our fingerprints done said we can use either SAPS or UK FP form. We used SAPS printed on card.

Copies of ID or Passports don't have to be certified according to our crowd. So we just sent colour scans of our S.A. passports.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:04 am
Just Joined

The policelady in Guildford where we had our fingerprints done said we can use either SAPS or UK FP form. We used SAPS printed on card.

Copies of ID or Passports don't have to be certified according to our crowd. So we just sent colour scans of our S.A. passports.
You are right - we were erring on the side of caution. As it stands at the moment the turn around time is around 9 weeks so we are not taking any chances.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep us too. We're getting them done well in advance of the CO asking for them. Don't want to chance it over the festive season where everything stops in S.A.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 3:02 pm
Banned

The SAPS form is not an official one - just a guideline information form. The SAPS seem to be very relaxed about everything. I'm sure you'll be okay.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just and update:

We received our South African PCCs back today, 6 weeks & 3 days door to door in the UK using DKP Investigations.

They were brilliant.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Just and update:

We received our South African PCCs back today, 6 weeks & 3 days door to door in the UK using DKP Investigations.

They were brilliant.
Good news, maybe we will get ours before Christmas. They are the only outstanding documents.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good news, maybe we will get ours before Christmas. They are the only outstanding documents.
Good luck to you guys. Hope they come soon.