Police Clearance Application

Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Clearance Application

Originally Posted by bezzanbob
Spot on Pollyanna - clearly my chance to be stupid taken with aplomb
Sounds like chippy is after the Aus one, in which case they need an Aussie money order (which UK post offices/banks won't have heard of) or an International Money Order of some kind written in $$ - and as you sayt they will have to pay for that in £ in the UK, at whatever the current rate is. I'm sure $43 is the current cost of an Aussie check.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Dee01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sounds like chippy is after the Aus one, in which case they need an Aussie money order (which UK post offices/banks won't have heard of) or an International Money Order of some kind written in $$ - and as you sayt they will have to pay for that in £ in the UK, at whatever the current rate is. I'm sure $43 is the current cost of an Aussie check.
Yes what I need aussie money order as stated in their requirements, I am waiting for midnight tonight and am phoning them to confirm how I must make this payment as its all confusing... will update everyone on how to do it. The Police Checks are a new thing introduced recently if you have lived or stayed in Aus for over 12 months! I'm currently sponsoring my baby even though I am a permanent residentm was hoping I could just write a cheque from my UK bank account but that just seemed too easy
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Its never easy at the time but I often find it is just soo flippin obvious afterwards.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:55 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chippy01
Yes what I need aussie money order as stated in their requirements, I am waiting for midnight tonight and am phoning them to confirm how I must make this payment as its all confusing... will update everyone on how to do it. The Police Checks are a new thing introduced recently if you have lived or stayed in Aus for over 12 months! I'm currently sponsoring my baby even though I am a permanent residentm was hoping I could just write a cheque from my UK bank account but that just seemed too easy
If you have friends or relatives in Australia, send them the form and get them to got to the local Post Office and get a money order for you. They can then send that and the form to the police for you.
Its not really a new thing, Aus police checks have always been required for anyone who has spent 12 months or more here. its just new for the Spouse Visa/sponsoring children situation.
Now I'm sure which police check you are after, if you ask at your bank they should be able to sort out an International Money Order or a bankers draft in $Au. It would be cheaper to get someone here to sort it for you though.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Dee01 is on a distinguished road

Just phoned the Australian Federal Police and they confirmed that I must go to a bank here in UK or anywhere else in world which is "affiliated" with Australia i.e Barclays, HSBC, ING and ask them for an "International Bank Draft" for $43 made out to the Australian Federal Police which I must then send together with my application form for a Police Check.

Thanks all for your input
Old Jul 21st 2010, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chippy01
Just phoned the Australian Federal Police and they confirmed that I must go to a bank here in UK or anywhere else in world which is "affiliated" with Australia i.e Barclays, HSBC, ING and ask them for an "International Bank Draft" for $43 made out to the Australian Federal Police which I must then send together with my application form for a Police Check.

Thanks all for your input
Do you know anybody in OZ family etc? I filled out and signed my forms then scanned and emailed to family in Sydney. They printed and enclosed one of their cheques.

All went through fine!

M
Old May 25th 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

bigCSKAman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

I've got my AFP Police Certificate today, but something strange here..

It is written on the certificate "In the absence of fingerprints, positive identification cannot be established"

But in the application form I chose code number 33 (Immigration/Citizenship) and it is written there "Please note that fingerprints are not required by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) unless you are otherwise advised by them" I haven't been told anything like I needed fingerprints in the required documents list nor e-mail from my CO.

What is going on?

Last edited by bigCSKAman; May 25th 2011 at 3:05 pm.
Old May 25th 2011, 9:43 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by bigCSKAman
Hi.

I've got my AFP Police Certificate today, but something strange here..

It is written on the certificate "In the absence of fingerprints, positive identification cannot be established"

But in the application form I chose code number 33 (Immigration/Citizenship) and it is written there "Please note that fingerprints are not required by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) unless you are otherwise advised by them" I haven't been told anything like I needed fingerprints in the required documents list nor e-mail from my CO.

What is going on?
You don't need to give fingerprints.

What it means is that without checking your fingerprints against the fingerprint database no-one can be 100% certain that you are not on the database under another name, or that any convictions they found were actually you. They don't want to go to the lengths of taking fingerprints from every applicant, so they have to cover themselves by saying that.
If they came up with someone with a similar name and DoB and wanted to confirm if it was you, then they would ask you for fingerprints - they are a final check on identity.

UK Subject Access forms say the same, and possibly the ACPO ones too. If not, then it is taken as read. They are assuming that the details you give are correct because they aren't going to the lengths of confirming your identity by prints.

Its all routine, nothing to worry about.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

bigCSKAman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You don't need to give fingerprints.

What it means is that without checking your fingerprints against the fingerprint database no-one can be 100% certain that you are not on the database under another name, or that any convictions they found were actually you. They don't want to go to the lengths of taking fingerprints from every applicant, so they have to cover themselves by saying that.
If they came up with someone with a similar name and DoB and wanted to confirm if it was you, then they would ask you for fingerprints - they are a final check on identity.

UK Subject Access forms say the same, and possibly the ACPO ones too. If not, then it is taken as read. They are assuming that the details you give are correct because they aren't going to the lengths of confirming your identity by prints.

Its all routine, nothing to worry about.
Thank you.. Now I understand it.