Police check Question

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

jennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura about
Default Police check Question

Hi Guys,

I'm applying for a 475 regional skilled Visa.

I have had my uk Police checks done which were clear.

My Case officer has asked me to do the Australian one (1101). This is because I went on a 1 years working holiday visa in 1998. Is this the norm, or a mistake.

Cheers

Paul
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Police check Question

Originally Posted by jennsy
Hi Guys,

I'm applying for a 475 regional skilled Visa.

I have had my uk Police checks done which were clear.

My Case officer has asked me to do the Australian one (1101). This is because I went on a 1 years working holiday visa in 1998. Is this the norm, or a mistake.

Cheers

Paul
Hi Paul,

This is normal as they want a police clearance from any country you lived in within the last 10 years.

Helena
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

jennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura aboutjennsy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Paul,

This is normal as they want a police clearance from any country you lived in within the last 10 years.

Helena
Cheers Helena....

Yeah, I guess its right, but since I was only there for 11 months I thought it was a bit OTT....

Nevermind, another form to fill
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Cheers Helena....

Yeah, I guess its right, but since I was only there for 11 months I thought it was a bit OTT....

Best of luck to you
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Helena....

They normally say 12 months or more, but I have seen cases in the past where it has been close to the 12 month mark. They are just erring on the side of caution, thats all.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They normally say 12 months or more, but I have seen cases in the past where it has been close to the 12 month mark. They are just erring on the side of caution, thats all.
PollyAnna...thanks for the info....

One other thing is I have to list the 'Redidential address' I satyed at 10 years ago...!!!

Basically it was all hostels for a couple of weeks here and there. Should I list all the hostels????

Cheers