British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Police check Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/police-check-question-518794/)

jennsy Mar 3rd 2008 1:25 pm

Police check Question

Hi Guys,

I'm applying for a 475 regional skilled Visa.

I have had my uk Police checks done which were clear.

My Case officer has asked me to do the Australian one (1101). This is because I went on a 1 years working holiday visa in 1998. Is this the norm, or a mistake.

Cheers

Paul

helena39 Mar 3rd 2008 1:28 pm

Re: Police check Question

Originally Posted by jennsy (Post 6010770)
Hi Guys,

I'm applying for a 475 regional skilled Visa.

I have had my uk Police checks done which were clear.

My Case officer has asked me to do the Australian one (1101). This is because I went on a 1 years working holiday visa in 1998. Is this the norm, or a mistake.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

This is normal as they want a police clearance from any country you lived in within the last 10 years.

Helena

jennsy Mar 3rd 2008 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by helena39 (Post 6010782)
Hi Paul,

This is normal as they want a police clearance from any country you lived in within the last 10 years.

Helena

Cheers Helena....

Yeah, I guess its right, but since I was only there for 11 months I thought it was a bit OTT....

Nevermind, another form to fill

helena39 Mar 3rd 2008 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jennsy (Post 6010803)
Cheers Helena....

Yeah, I guess its right, but since I was only there for 11 months I thought it was a bit OTT....

Best of luck to you :thumbsup:

Pollyana Mar 3rd 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by jennsy (Post 6010803)
Cheers Helena....

They normally say 12 months or more, but I have seen cases in the past where it has been close to the 12 month mark. They are just erring on the side of caution, thats all. :)

jennsy Mar 4th 2008 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6012600)
They normally say 12 months or more, but I have seen cases in the past where it has been close to the 12 month mark. They are just erring on the side of caution, thats all. :)

PollyAnna...thanks for the info....

One other thing is I have to list the 'Redidential address' I satyed at 10 years ago...!!!

Basically it was all hostels for a couple of weeks here and there. Should I list all the hostels????

Cheers