Points for age, should I be worried?

Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice
Default Points for age, should I be worried?

Hi guys,

We're very early on in the process - we have just sent the skills assessment form to VetAssess.

One thing that's concerning me is my age. I've just (last week) turned 34 and I am relying on the 25 points that gives me. We are expecting to submit our visa application way before next October so I will still be 34.

My concern is do they look at your age at the time they grant (hopefully) your visa or at the time when you submit your application. For example, I'm likely to submit my application when I'm 34 but I'm worried that if it drags on I may actually be 35 by the time they grant the visa - would I lose the 5 points for getting older (as if it's not bad enough eh!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oz Rascal
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Points for age, should I be worried?

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi guys,

We're very early on in the process - we have just sent the skills assessment form to VetAssess.

One thing that's concerning me is my age. I've just (last week) turned 34 and I am relying on the 25 points that gives me. We are expecting to submit our visa application way before next October so I will still be 34.

My concern is do they look at your age at the time they grant (hopefully) your visa or at the time when you submit your application. For example, I'm likely to submit my application when I'm 34 but I'm worried that if it drags on I may actually be 35 by the time they grant the visa - would I lose the 5 points for getting older (as if it's not bad enough eh!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oz Rascal
You'll be fine. They look at your age as it was when you applied for the visa.

Good luck with everything.

Trish
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Thanks Trish, that's put my mind at rest - well on that part of things anyway . Good luck with your app as well.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:35 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

you'll be fine. The cut off age is 45 isn't it?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
you'll be fine. The cut off age is 45 isn't it?
Cut off age is 45 but the younger you are the more points you get for age.

Trish
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck folks