British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Points for age, should I be worried? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/points-age-should-i-worried-486634/)

Oz Rascal Oct 11th 2007 12:28 pm

Points for age, should I be worried?

Hi guys,

We're very early on in the process - we have just sent the skills assessment form to VetAssess.

One thing that's concerning me is my age. I've just (last week) turned 34 and I am relying on the 25 points that gives me. We are expecting to submit our visa application way before next October so I will still be 34.

My concern is do they look at your age at the time they grant (hopefully) your visa or at the time when you submit your application. For example, I'm likely to submit my application when I'm 34 but I'm worried that if it drags on I may actually be 35 by the time they grant the visa - would I lose the 5 points for getting older (as if it's not bad enough eh!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oz Rascal

scrum Oct 11th 2007 12:31 pm

Re: Points for age, should I be worried?

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal (Post 5412776)
Hi guys,

We're very early on in the process - we have just sent the skills assessment form to VetAssess.

One thing that's concerning me is my age. I've just (last week) turned 34 and I am relying on the 25 points that gives me. We are expecting to submit our visa application way before next October so I will still be 34.

My concern is do they look at your age at the time they grant (hopefully) your visa or at the time when you submit your application. For example, I'm likely to submit my application when I'm 34 but I'm worried that if it drags on I may actually be 35 by the time they grant the visa - would I lose the 5 points for getting older (as if it's not bad enough eh!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oz Rascal

You'll be fine. They look at your age as it was when you applied for the visa.

Good luck with everything.

Trish

Oz Rascal Oct 11th 2007 12:33 pm

Thanks Trish, that's put my mind at rest - well on that part of things anyway ;). Good luck with your app as well.

Sheff_Sparky Oct 11th 2007 12:35 pm

you'll be fine. The cut off age is 45 isn't it?

scrum Oct 11th 2007 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 5412803)
you'll be fine. The cut off age is 45 isn't it?

Cut off age is 45 but the younger you are the more points you get for age.

Trish

ianbrown Oct 11th 2007 2:24 pm

Good luck folks