Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

pls read - WHV 12mth - Is it compulsory to have a rtn flight?

pls read - WHV 12mth - Is it compulsory to have a rtn flight?

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future
Default pls read - WHV 12mth - Is it compulsory to have a rtn flight?

Hi

my partner has been offered a 6 mth working contract starting 31st march in brisbane. so we really dont have much time.

we are having probs with the price of tickets flying as its around easter weekend, and 12mth validity tickets.

but saving a bit if we get one way as my partner will be on $43k starting wage and can prove it with contract.

i dont have a job or contract yet, but we can prove ou civil partnership docs as we are classed as de facto?

any advice welcome
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:18 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pls read - WHV 12mth - Is it compulsory to have a rtn flight?

No, you don't need to have a return flight booked when you arrive on a Working Holiday Visa, but you need to have the funds available to buy one.

This is from the DIAC website: "You should also have a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to depart Australia".

Last edited by WS; Feb 3rd 2008 at 4:20 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by krestsaf
Hi

my partner has been offered a 6 mth working contract starting 31st march in brisbane. so we really dont have much time.

we are having probs with the price of tickets flying as its around easter weekend, and 12mth validity tickets.

but saving a bit if we get one way as my partner will be on $43k starting wage and can prove it with contract.

i dont have a job or contract yet, but we can prove ou civil partnership docs as we are classed as de facto?

any advice welcome
My daughter got her WHV granted within 24 Hours on line, she did not have to have a return ticket or have proof of any savings if this helps.

Nicky
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

i ot mine online and then when i got to brisbane i had to go to the immigration place and get it glued in my passport. i never had any money for a return ticket or did i have to proove it once! i DID get stopped by customs on way in though and they searched my boots and luggage because i was a landscape gardener and at the time we had foot and mouth in the uk, i said im not wearing work boots am i lol