please stop me worrying

Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Unhappy please stop me worrying

Hi everyone

I havn't posted on here for a while as I tried to wean myself off the site as I became a bit hooked ( as I am sure we all are )

Anyway after receiving a positive skills assessment, I sent off my application for skilled designated area in May. Acnowledgment was received on 25th June and am now hoping every day that the med request comes.

Each day I check the post and each day I just get bloody bills or people trying to sell me credit cards ( i am pre-approved for them all apparently!!!! )

Now I am starting to worry that I filled the form in wrong or something like that- I am sure this is normal but still I worry.

One thing in particular that I am worried about it the work experience requirement- For a skilled designated area visa - my husband only needs to have been doing his job for 12 months out of the last 18 months.
He has worked in the same field for 4 years now but last year left one job and started another- it was in sales but not in IT ( what we have applied under) He only stayed there 4 weeks as the job was crap and then got a job immedialtely back in IT sales again.
When we filled in his details we missed out those four weeks and said he was still with his old company as we didnt think one month would matter- also his old boss is a close friend and she put the dates we asked for on his work reference.

Now I wish we hadnt done this as his old boss has now left and if they contact his old work place - it will highlight the fact that he actually left four weeks earlier- HELP !!!! I am soo worried about this now- If DMIA notice this, can we just say that we made a mistake in dates and that he was on holiday for those 4 weeks- Does it matter anyway that he worked in sales for someone else for 4 weeks ????

The occupation states sales rep- it and communication products- the job he was in for 4 weeks was training courses so I guess that sort of is a communication product ???? Perhaps we should have included this info but I dont think his boss of four weeks would have given him a reference as she was pretty pissed off that he left so soon after joining.

Anyway after boring you all stupid , I will go back to my worrying now !!!

Nat
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:51 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: please stop me worrying

Originally Posted by natty
Hi everyone

I havn't posted on here for a while as I tried to wean myself off the site as I became a bit hooked ( as I am sure we all are )

Anyway after receiving a positive skills assessment, I sent off my application for skilled designated area in May. Acnowledgment was received on 25th June and am now hoping every day that the med request comes.

Each day I check the post and each day I just get bloody bills or people trying to sell me credit cards ( i am pre-approved for them all apparently!!!! )

Now I am starting to worry that I filled the form in wrong or something like that- I am sure this is normal but still I worry.

One thing in particular that I am worried about it the work experience requirement- For a skilled designated area visa - my husband only needs to have been doing his job for 12 months out of the last 18 months.
He has worked in the same field for 4 years now but last year left one job and started another- it was in sales but not in IT ( what we have applied under) He only stayed there 4 weeks as the job was crap and then got a job immedialtely back in IT sales again.
When we filled in his details we missed out those four weeks and said he was still with his old company as we didnt think one month would matter- also his old boss is a close friend and she put the dates we asked for on his work reference.

Now I wish we hadnt done this as his old boss has now left and if they contact his old work place - it will highlight the fact that he actually left four weeks earlier- HELP !!!! I am soo worried about this now- If DMIA notice this, can we just say that we made a mistake in dates and that he was on holiday for those 4 weeks- Does it matter anyway that he worked in sales for someone else for 4 weeks ????

The occupation states sales rep- it and communication products- the job he was in for 4 weeks was training courses so I guess that sort of is a communication product ???? Perhaps we should have included this info but I dont think his boss of four weeks would have given him a reference as she was pretty pissed off that he left so soon after joining.

Anyway after boring you all stupid , I will go back to my worrying now !!!

Nat
You have the right to be worried but the question is whether it will help you is a total different aspect. I know its easy said but that all we can do isn't it.

About the four weeks stuff may be you husband can inform the current employer the situation so that if and if DIMIA checks they know what to answer instead of saying he just joined the company. Hopefully this helps