Fact-finding Trip to Sunny Coast booked

Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough
Default Fact-finding Trip to Sunny Coast booked

Well I've finally done it, booked my partners ticket to go and find out what the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane is all about!! He will be going with his dad, I can't go as we have 3 young children and it would be too much with all of us, but I am really excited for him.

We applied for our Skilled 136 back in April and like a lot of you here obviously have heard nothing yet and won't for at least 3/4 months, Stu is going in as a chippy, so hopefully work will be plentiful. We have friends who live in Buderim, so they will be staying with them, and they have been a great help with info on the area and schools etc. Our children are 5, 2 and 10 months. We will be closely looking at Buderim and Mooloolaba, and surrounding areas if anyone knows the area and can help with any other nice places to look at please let me know.

I have to say we have had a few nagging doubs recently, this I know is normal, Stu has a good job, we have a lovely house and my eldest has a great school, but I know Oz can offer the children so much more, the outdoor life, the sunshine and for us not having a mortgage would be a huge bonus if we can get away with it, we have to front the $100 bond, so it will be tight. Stu lost his Mum a few weeks back, a truly lovely lady, the kids adored her - I think this has maybe made us step back and think, but I know in the long run we will be doing the best thing for our family - and u only get one life and why not make the most, that has become so clear.

Anyone else heading for the Sunshine Coast, if so where????

Cheers guys - Sally & family
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fact-finding Trip to Sunny Coast booked

Forgot so say he is going on the 9th November for 3 full weeks, back on the 1st December!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:05 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by pukka pom
Well I've finally done it, booked my partners ticket to go and find out what the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane is all about!! He will be going with his dad, I can't go as we have 3 young children and it would be too much with all of us, but I am really excited for him.

We applied for our Skilled 136 back in April and like a lot of you here obviously have heard nothing yet and won't for at least 3/4 months, Stu is going in as a chippy, so hopefully work will be plentiful. We have friends who live in Buderim, so they will be staying with them, and they have been a great help with info on the area and schools etc. Our children are 5, 2 and 10 months. We will be closely looking at Buderim and Mooloolaba, and surrounding areas if anyone knows the area and can help with any other nice places to look at please let me know.

I have to say we have had a few nagging doubs recently, this I know is normal, Stu has a good job, we have a lovely house and my eldest has a great school, but I know Oz can offer the children so much more, the outdoor life, the sunshine and for us not having a mortgage would be a huge bonus if we can get away with it, we have to front the $100 bond, so it will be tight. Stu lost his Mum a few weeks back, a truly lovely lady, the kids adored her - I think this has maybe made us step back and think, but I know in the long run we will be doing the best thing for our family - and u only get one life and why not make the most, that has become so clear.

Both Mooloolaba and Buderim are quite nice. M is probably slightly more touristy & would be my choice probably (though not for that reason), but purely personal preference no real reasoning

Good luck with everything. I had a bit of news when I first got here (last week!) that made me think 'why have I moved so far away', but things seem to be settling out now.. like you say, you only get one life & going back is always an option IF it didnt work out for you anyway
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Sally
Be aware that parts of the Sunshine coast have become very expensive (house prices) over the last few years. You may need to look carefully to find what you want.

Good luck

G
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
Sally
Be aware that parts of the Sunshine coast have become very expensive (house prices) over the last few years. You may need to look carefully to find what you want.

Good luck

G
Yes - we have noticed this, we get properties emailed through - Lismore looks cheaper, any idea why????

Sally
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - we have noticed this, we get properties emailed through - Lismore looks cheaper, any idea why????

Sally
Probably because it is about 200 Km. from the sea!

Otherwise the usual applies.
No work,social problems etc.

There is usually a reason why a place is cheap.

Good luck

G
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Grayling
Probably because it is about 200 Km. from the sea!

Otherwise the usual applies.
No work,social problems etc.

There is usually a reason why a place is cheap.

Good luck

G
Don't get the QLD Lismore mixed up with the NSW one.

G
Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:35 am
A Mate

Lismore is in the Northern Rivers District of NSW - many kilometres from the
Sunshine Coast of Queensland!

"pukka pom" <member21938@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > Sally
    > > Be aware that parts of the Sunshine coast have become very expensive
(house prices) over the last few years. You may need to look carefully to
find what you want.
    > >
    > > Good luck
    > >
    > > G
    > Yes - we have noticed this, we get properties emailed through - Lismore
looks cheaper, any idea why????
    > Sally
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=A Mate]Lismore is in the Northern Rivers District of NSW - many kilometres from the

Apparantly there are two Lismore's - one in QLD and one in NSW!

Sally

"
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

[QUOTE=pukka pom]
Originally Posted by A Mate
Lismore is in the Northern Rivers District of NSW - many kilometres from the

Apparantly there are two Lismore's - one in QLD and one in NSW!

Sally

"
Hi Sally

The Lismore in Queensland is many miles inland.

Generally the coastal area is much more expensive especially areas like Noosa.

You may find it much more affordable in the Bigger towns or inland a bit.

Houses, in some areas, have more than doubled in price since I was there 3 years ago.

Virtually anywhere nice near the sea in Eastern Australia is pricey.Unless you go way North.

Good luck

G