Permanent resident returning

Old Jan 10th 2024, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Robert Lloyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent resident returning

Arrived Sydney 1972 as a permanent resident but visa expired in mid eighties....best option to come back? I have father, brother and sister in Australia and wish to return as my mother and all other family members have passed in the U K....I am currently in Sydney on tourist visa....cheers
Old Jan 10th 2024, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent resident returning

You could try to get an RRV to start with, how long have you been away? You do have good ties with family, but I would advise getting help with the application from an agent. Some one on the forums managed to get one after decades away and they applied whilst in Australia. Worth a try as inexpensive compared to other visas, which you may not be eligible for anyway.
More info like your age, skills etc might help suggest other options.
Old Jan 10th 2024, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Robert Lloyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rammygirl
You could try to get an RRV to start with, how long have you been away? You do have good ties with family, but I would advise getting help with the application from an agent. Some one on the forums managed to get one after decades away and they applied whilst in Australia. Worth a try as inexpensive compared to other visas, which you may not be eligible for anyway.
More info like your age, skills etc might help suggest other options.
Thanks rammygirl
I have returned several times over the years on a tourist visa .....last time 2010...a RRV seems the best option....I will apply online
Old Jan 10th 2024, 6:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robert Lloyd
Thanks rammygirl
I have returned several times over the years on a tourist visa .....last time 2010...a RRV seems the best option....I will apply online
I would think you are not eligible as you haven't held a resident visa in nearly 40 years.

Given your age (estimating as 50+ given date you first held visa) you wouldn't be eligible for a former resident visa either.

May be worth chatting with a good agent.