British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   PCC from India (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/pcc-india-merged-threads-605944/)

helloshivahere Jun 17th 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Urgent! - PCC Vs Local Police Verificaton Certificate India

Originally Posted by gauravmmec (Post 7672822)
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have following queries

1. Do i need any address proof copies ( like ration card , voter id card) ?
2. Does these copies ( address proof) should be attested by gazetted officer or self attested ??
3. How many photos required?
4. I have to get PCC for my spouse . How i can get pcc on her behalf

Gaurav

* U dont need address proof
* I passport size (3.5*3.5) for each applicant
* You can apply for your wife also. ( But you need to fill two forms make it as separate application) * u can show the marriage certificate as proof incase they required in person but normally thats not the case

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/miscell.pdf

preity Jun 17th 2009 5:54 pm

Re: PCC from India

Hi there,

I am from india but currently reside in the US. Could someone please let me know if I have to get the pcc from both India and US?
If so, how can i get pcc from India since i do not live there currently?

Thanks.

aman_sharma2k1 Jun 17th 2009 5:54 pm

Re: Urgent! - PCC Vs Local Police Verificaton Certificate India

Originally Posted by vslamba (Post 7665733)
Hi
I have applied for PCC from RPO. As my passport and current place of residence is different. It is taking more time. Its already 28 days since DIAC asked it, it wil take one month more easily ..... I have uploaded the reciept.

Can i submit the Local Police Clearance certificate from SP office instead of PCC from Passport Office?? As i can get that in two days???

Please help i am in urgent need.

I am from India

Thanks

Man, you still havn't got ur PCC? I applied on 7th of May and got PCC on 6th of June along with passport. my passport was issued from Jalandhara and I am in Bangalore and hence applied for PCC in BLR RPO.

Follow the police stations where u know ur file will go.

Pollyana Jun 17th 2009 6:52 pm

Threads merged

helloshivahere Jun 18th 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by preity (Post 7673762)
Hi there,

I am from india but currently reside in the US. Could someone please let me know if I have to get the pcc from both India and US?
If so, how can i get pcc from India since i do not live there currently?

Thanks.

For Indian PCC Approch Indian high commission. Some High commission will issue in a week some may take about weeks

preity Jun 18th 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks for ur reply shiva.

Rodger_lawson Jun 19th 2009 8:17 am

Originally Posted by preity (Post 7677269)
Thanks for ur reply shiva.

just went to RPO Bangalore today for PCC for my wife and me.

My passport was issued in RPO Bangalore. Hence, applied by filling just the Form 2 along with copy of the Passport and Original Passport. Paid Rs 300 towards fee and was asked to collect the passport & PCC on Monday 22nd, 2009.

My wife's passport was issued in Chennai. However, she has lived in Bangalore for the last 5+ years and in the current address for the last 3 years. Hence, We had to apply with Form 2, Address proof, Passport Copy & original and Personal particulars form in duplicate with another set of address proof. Hers would get completed once the police physically verify our address and check on their system if there are any pending cases etc. It'd approximately take about 3 weeks is what i heard.

About living in one place and applying for PCC in the RPO that issued the passport, this is an offence against the passport rules and may warrant heavy fines if found out. My advice would be to go to the RPO of your jurisdiction and bear the wait.

helloshivahere Jun 19th 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson (Post 7679594)
just went to RPO Bangalore today for PCC for my wife and me.

My passport was issued in RPO Bangalore. Hence, applied by filling just the Form 2 along with copy of the Passport and Original Passport. Paid Rs 300 towards fee and was asked to collect the passport & PCC on Monday 22nd, 2009.

My wife's passport was issued in Chennai. However, she has lived in Bangalore for the last 5+ years and in the current address for the last 3 years. Hence, We had to apply with Form 2, Address proof, Passport Copy & original and Personal particulars form in duplicate with another set of address proof. Hers would get completed once the police physically verify our address and check on their system if there are any pending cases etc. It'd approximately take about 3 weeks is what i heard.

About living in one place and applying for PCC in the RPO that issued the passport, this is an offence against the passport rules and may warrant heavy fines if found out. My advice would be to go to the RPO of your jurisdiction and bear the wait.

Come on rodger. Its India. Kasab is Juvenile u know and plays with AK47

aman_sharma2k1 Jun 19th 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7680633)
Come on rodger. Its India. Kasab is Juvenile u know and plays with AK47

Rodger is 100% correct and Shiva, you are 101% correct..but I think this is not the right place to comment on such a thing.....

helloshivahere Jun 19th 2009 3:28 pm

Sorry for that. unless until you dont have any adverse information on your police records no harm in getting PCC from Same RPO - Its save lot of time and hassels.

mpgrewal Jun 19th 2009 4:05 pm

@Rodger
Does your spouse (secondary applicant) has to be physically present in RPO for any signature/check or something while applying for PCC?

@Shiva,
For most people going to native place and applying is impractical. For me waiting 5 weeks is easier than spending Rs 10k (flight tickets) and taking 2 leaves from office to goto local RPO for applying... If you think deeply, that has more hassles.

You don't lose any time, if you carefully plan it and apply in advance when you are expecting CO. As Rodger has alarmed me, now I wont goto native and apply.

helloshivahere Jun 19th 2009 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by mpgrewal (Post 7680770)
@Rodger
Does your spouse (secondary applicant) has to be physically present in RPO for any signature/check or something while applying for PCC?

@Shiva,
For most people going to native place and applying is impractical. For me waiting 5 weeks is easier than spending Rs 10k (flight tickets) and taking 2 leaves from office to goto local RPO for applying... If you think deeply, that has more hassles.

You don't lose any time, if you carefully plan it and apply in advance when you are expecting CO. As Rodger has alarmed me, now I wont goto native and apply.

Rightly said. If distance is not affordable we cant do that . Person from CHENNAI can't go DELHI for PCC.

For wife she dont need to be present (Experience from my Case but it also depends on RPO or officer who is collecting docs. Some time they may act strangely. You can go with your marriage certificate if they ask so much if you dont have other option)

Rodger_lawson Jun 21st 2009 6:00 am

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7680891)
Rightly said. If distance is not affordable we cant do that . Person from CHENNAI can't go DELHI for PCC.

For wife she dont need to be present (Experience from my Case but it also depends on RPO or officer who is collecting docs. Some time they may act strangely. You can go with your marriage certificate if they ask so much if you dont have other option)

here is what we did in our case:

Wife was with me in person to apply. She has bank account with Bangalore address for address proof. I knew that alone won't be enough for the good folks at the RPO. Hence, provided my passport as another evidence. Here again, they were not convinced..hence provided our marriage certificate as another evidence. (my passport has Spouse name in it but not hers.. hence this question). anyways... it'd be Form 2, PP in duplicate with two sets of copies for the Address proof stuff.
Most likely, in a week's time we can hear from the local police. And from there anywhere 2 to 3 weeks for us to get the passport back.

mpgrewal, please pm me if you need any further info.

Rodger_lawson Jun 22nd 2009 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson (Post 7684673)
here is what we did in our case:

Wife was with me in person to apply. She has bank account with Bangalore address for address proof. I knew that alone won't be enough for the good folks at the RPO. Hence, provided my passport as another evidence. Here again, they were not convinced..hence provided our marriage certificate as another evidence. (my passport has Spouse name in it but not hers.. hence this question). anyways... it'd be Form 2, PP in duplicate with two sets of copies for the Address proof stuff.
Most likely, in a week's time we can hear from the local police. And from there anywhere 2 to 3 weeks for us to get the passport back.

mpgrewal, please pm me if you need any further info.

I have got my PCC from Bangalore RPO this evening. If your passport was issued in the same RPO and there has not been any address change, it is pretty straight forward.
Now, I got to wait for my wife's PCC and my own from US of A. Both could take atleast 2 to 3 weeks. And our meds should be finalised in about 4 weeks.

OZ Visa!... it's not too far..:thumbup::fingerscrossed:

aman_sharma2k1 Jun 22nd 2009 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson (Post 7687867)
I have got my PCC from Bangalore RPO this evening. If your passport was issued in the same RPO and there has not been any address change, it is pretty straight forward.
Now, I got to wait for my wife's PCC and my own from US of A. Both could take atleast 2 to 3 weeks. And our meds should be finalised in about 4 weeks.

OZ Visa!... it's not too far..:thumbup::fingerscrossed:

Aha..what a feeling!!! :rofl:

Good luck!!