British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   PCC from India (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/pcc-india-merged-threads-605944/)

tonymm May 22nd 2011 9:33 am

Re: PCC from India (merged threads)

I Tony from kerala now residing in UAE. I just want to get my PCC done from both INDIA and UAE. If I go to Indian embassy I will get my Indian PCC done and with that it is easy to obtain UAE PCC. The Problem is that it is clearly mentioned from my agent that home country PCC to be obtained from RPO.
My Passport is from Cochin and how I can obtain PCC from Cochin without going there? Or Indian embassy certified Indian PCC will be enough?

maverick2050 May 22nd 2011 9:52 am

Originally Posted by tonymm (Post 9380253)
I Tony from kerala now residing in UAE. I just want to get my PCC done from both INDIA and UAE. If I go to Indian embassy I will get my Indian PCC done and with that it is easy to obtain UAE PCC. The Problem is that it is clearly mentioned from my agent that home country PCC to be obtained from RPO.
My Passport is from Cochin and how I can obtain PCC from Cochin without going there? Or Indian embassy certified Indian PCC will be enough?

Since you're residing in the UAE, it would be advisable to get your PCC from the Indian Embassy . It will take some time (maximum of 45 days is what I've heard), but the process will be hassle free since you will not have to deal with cops in Kerala. Since the Indian Embassy is an overseas "Govt of India" office at the end of the day, there is no need for you to approach the Cochin RPO at all.

Yes, you can get your PCC in a day if you personally visit the Cochin RPO and prove to them that you have been living at the same address as mentioned in your passport for the last one year (in case they ask), but keep in mind that since you're residing in the UAE and not in Cochin anymore, it's pretty much against the law to apply from Cochin!! Cheers!

n_g May 26th 2011 7:25 am

Originally Posted by maverick2050 (Post 9380141)
They did not deposit your passport? Hmmm I'm wondering if they've changed their rules, since they usually issue a certificate along with a stamp on your passport ,and dispatch both of them together. Well good luck with the process and hope you get the PCC on time! (Of course you can try expediting the process by following up and you probably do know what needs to be done further ;) )

I had submitted my application on 20th May2011 for PCC at Delhi RPO.I checked the status of my application today at the RPO website and to my horror is says - the service requested already rendered!!!!
and the one for my partner is even more funnier!! Can anybody guide as to whom to approach to get the correct status and expedite the process..

Regards
Nitin

maverick2050 May 26th 2011 7:39 am

Originally Posted by n_g (Post 9388839)
I had submitted my application on 20th May2011 for PCC at Delhi RPO.I checked the status of my application today at the RPO website and to my horror is says - the service requested already rendered!!!!
and the one for my partner is even more funnier!! Can anybody guide as to whom to approach to get the correct status and expedite the process..

Regards
Nitin

It could be a glitch. How about calling up the RPO and speaking with the PRO/Superintendent? Worst case scenario would be for you to go there personally and check with them. The only thing you can expedite is the Police verification. Typically the RPO sends your file to the Police Commissioner's office and from there it is dispatched to your local police station. So these are two places you may have to visit in order to get more clarity on what's going on.

n_g Jun 29th 2011 5:22 am

Hi Guys..
It been quite some time since may 20th when I submitted my application to RPO for PCC. My passport was returned to me from the RPO the same day citing police verification requirements.The verification also has been comleted for both me and my partner, infact its been 3 weeks now since that.How much time does it take after the police verification completes for the Police Certificate to come.Also does the RPO send the PCC via Reg/speed post or what.
Nitin

n_g Jun 29th 2011 5:29 am

In addition to the above I've already asked for an extension for submitting my PCC to CO which she extended till 5th July..Seems like this extension too cannot be met:(

manumani Jun 29th 2011 6:10 am

Strange that they returned the passport ! In my case, they returned the passport only with the PCC. I guess each passport office follows its own rules.

I suggest you visit the passport office and inquire.

maverick2050 Oct 9th 2011 4:16 pm

Hey guys - How's it going? So, I'm looking to get my PCC done sometime soon and I was wondering whether anyone else has been in a similar situation.Got my passport renewed from Bangalore 2 years ago, and moved to Pune about 6 months ago (residing at my permanent address here). I will be applying for the PCC at the Passport Office in Pune in accordance with the law (which states that you should apply from where you're residing). Since I've been here for less than an year, I'm sure they will conduct a verification check at Bangalore (the same address is on my Passport).. Only question is, since I do not stay in Bangalore anymore, how will the verification actually take place?

Thanks!

qadeer591 Jun 9th 2013 10:35 am

PCC from India

Hi,

I have a specific question wrt PCC from India.
I currently live & work in Bangalore. I am originally from another Indian state.
I am about to apply for PCC in Bangalore passport office.
The PCC form has two address fields - present & permanent.
My present address will be of course Bangalore address.
The question is about permanent address.
Do I mention Bangalore address as my permanent address or my home town address?
If I mention my present address as Bangalore address & home town address as permanent address then will the file be sent to both these places?
I feel this may slow the process since there are two places involved.

Should I avoid this complication & just mention Bangalore address as both present & permanent?

Pollyana Jun 9th 2013 2:26 pm

Threads merged :)

Mayur Jun 11th 2013 3:06 am

Re: PCC from India

Originally Posted by qadeer591 (Post 10748090)
Hi,

I have a specific question wrt PCC from India.
I currently live & work in Bangalore. I am originally from another Indian state.
I am about to apply for PCC in Bangalore passport office.
The PCC form has two address fields - present & permanent.
My present address will be of course Bangalore address.
The question is about permanent address.
Do I mention Bangalore address as my permanent address or my home town address?
If I mention my present address as Bangalore address & home town address as permanent address then will the file be sent to both these places?
I feel this may slow the process since there are two places involved.

Should I avoid this complication & just mention Bangalore address as both present & permanent?

Whats your permanent address in passport..I think that should be your permanent address..The Place where you are currently living should be current/temporary address.. permanent and current address can be same some time depending on individual circumstances..but as you told you are from other state, I'm assuming that address is in your passport and will be your permanent address...hope that makes it clear..

qadeer591 Jun 11th 2013 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Mayur (Post 10750861)
Whats your permanent address in passport..I think that should be your permanent address..The Place where you are currently living should be current/temporary address.. permanent and current address can be same some time depending on individual circumstances..but as you told you are from other state, I'm assuming that address is in your passport and will be your permanent address...hope that makes it clear..

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the reply.
The address in my current PP is not my permanent address. It's one of my previous addresses in Bangalore.
My home town address was in my old PP but after I renewed my passport few years ago I put my Bangalore address where I was staying that time.

So let me know if I should still put my home town address as my permanent address in the PCC application or not?

Mayur Jun 11th 2013 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by qadeer591 (Post 10751402)
Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the reply.
The address in my current PP is not my permanent address. It's one of my previous addresses in Bangalore.
My home town address was in my old PP but after I renewed my passport few years ago I put my Bangalore address where I was staying that time.

So let me know if I should still put my home town address as my permanent address in the PCC application or not?

I think your home town address should be put as your permanent address for two reasons..first in case for some verification some one is there to vouch you and secondly you will not miss out important communication letters . Any way i guess there is a section in form where you need to fill all the address where you lived/worked previously..this section will cover up your address which is in passport now...BOL..

PS:-this is my just individual experience, if you still have doubt go to the PCC issuing office which may have other opinion.

prattech Jul 5th 2013 8:04 am

Guys, my situation.

Passport address - some city,Maharashtra- living here for 4 years
Permanent address - some village, Maharashtra

since Australian VISAs require PCC for last 10 years of residence, how does our Passport offices provide them ? Do they mention both current and past address.

I read on passport's website that if current address is same as passport, they will issue PCC immediately in a day.

Please guide and thank you in advance.