Past convictions and DIMIA

Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:27 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Past convictions and DIMIA

Has anyone had any problems when applying for the visa with past convictions and DIMIA?

Does anyone know of anyone being turned down by DIMIA for pas convictions?
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:50 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Past convictions and DIMIA

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Has anyone had any problems when applying for the visa with past convictions and DIMIA?

Hi Rob,

If you do a search on this site for previous threads on this topic, it may shed some light on your query. Is it a conviction or caution? I think that honesty is the best policy, if you don't delcare it on your application and then it shows up on your police check, then you will have some explaining to do.

Claire
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Past convictions and DIMIA

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone

have you been a naughty boy then Rob lol its best to do a search like Claire said but if you read the booklet 6 it does give advice about it in there

Debs xxx
Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Past convictions and DIMIA

So What is in your dark and deep past then Rob

Murder? Armed Robbery?
Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:32 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: Past convictions and DIMIA

Hi Joho

Me personally, well that would be telling!!!!!

But seriously.. a friend of mine (a classic one that is)....Has a few driving convictions, but prior to going through the process, he wants to be sure he will be ok and not refused. Like an idiot i said "I will ask on the forum".

I dont mind though. I think that there is a limit to what they will accept and its round the guidelines of spending time in prison, murder, terrorism etc

Rob

Originally Posted by joho
So What is in your dark and deep past then Rob

Murder? Armed Robbery?
Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:28 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Past convictions and DIMIA

hi
ive just applied for a tourist visa as i have driving conviction too and was worried that i may not be able to enter aus on arrival with an eta and was told by my agent that i did not need to apply for a tourist visa and that i should be ok, but it clearly states aon the ETA websit e that you have to be "of good health and charcter"

So as i now do things by the book and not take heresay or what could be bad advice i applied for a tourist visa as im just going through a 136 application my self but am visiting oz in jan as part of a RTW trip and didnt want any skeletons to appear at either customs or later on in my 136 application!!

I received the tourist visa back today in my passport much to my relief as ive been done for drink driving(parking 10 yards away in a different spot under light to leave it overnight in public car park and breathalysed) and drunk in charge (locked out and cold started engine and neighbour thought i was thief!!-breathalysed)

very innocent reasons but it looks bad on report though and have definately learnt my lesson not to even go near a car after alcohol now but try explaining that with out sounding a liar!!

Anyway it came with a note attached saying that my crimes had been noted and not to commit any further or if any more came to light b4 and i hadnt told then there would be trouble(my words not theirs) and always include all convictions WHETHER SPENT OR NOT for any type of visa to enter australia.

This give me a bit of confidence that if i can visit for 3 months and obviously after 5 years since the drunkincharge last offence then surely this should mean that i am able to live there as im not classed as a criminal enough to be refused entry to tour round???

Is DIMIA that consistent??

Ill find out in a year or so.....

But as Rob asked and for my peace of mind, is there people out there that have been refused or even granted with drink driving or other driving convictions??

sorry im babbling but im drunk after the good news thru the post in the shape of my tourist visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND NO , IM NOT DRIVING OR GOING NEAR MY CAR!!!!!

al and clare k