Passport Validity Period

Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Question Passport Validity Period

Hi, My passport is valid till 2012-11-11.. and i am planing to apply for the VISA in July 2010. Can i use this same passport to apply for the Skills Assesment & then VISA? as far as i know if the VISA is granted it is for 5 years.. and my passport will be expired well before that...please help.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:22 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Validity Period

Originally Posted by peaceboy
Hi, My passport is valid till 2012-11-11.. and i am planing to apply for the VISA in July 2010. Can i use this same passport to apply for the Skills Assesment & then VISA? as far as i know if the VISA is granted it is for 5 years.. and my passport will be expired well before that...please help.
You will then bring your old and the new passports into the immigration office to let them know your new passport details. The passport number will be registered in their system and you will get a sticker in your passport on the spot.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Question Re: Passport Validity Period

Thanks, but i need to know whether there is a time barier. if i calculate my passport validity it is just 3 years from todate. suppose if i apply for the VISA in july 2010 then the validity is about 2.5 years, if VISA is granted by that time the validity period could be 1.5 years..

my question is would this be enough and is there are rule for this at DIMMA? or else i may have to go for a new Passport.

please help me out.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:18 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

If your CO decides you need a new passport before the visa grant, he/she will tell you to get a new passport. You won't know until either the request comes, or you get your visa issued.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, but i need to know whether there is a time barier. if i calculate my passport validity it is just 3 years from todate. suppose if i apply for the VISA in july 2010 then the validity is about 2.5 years, if VISA is granted by that time the validity period could be 1.5 years..

my question is would this be enough and is there are rule for this at DIMMA? or else i may have to go for a new Passport.

please help me out.
If you are going for your visa in 2010 and your passport doesn't expire until the end of 2012 you will be fine. The visa doesn't expire with the passport, the visa will last five years and if you have to renew your passport in the middle of that it's no issue. The only issue comes if you want to travel somewhere that needs six months minimum on the passport and you want to travel mid 2012 then you will have to get a new passport before time. DIAC are not interested in how long your passport is valid for, that is down to you to sort. As long as they have a passport number to attach the visa too, that's all they require.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:13 am
Just Joined

jeba is an unknown quantity at this point

Its okay, when you renew your passport, you can get your PR visa Revidenced on your new passport.

Its no big deal.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Cool Re: Passport Validity Period

Thanks a lot!! im clear now.