Passport Query

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

colinscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Query

Hi, Can anyone tell me how long you need to have left on your passport before you submit your application? Mine runs out in 2010 and I want to know if i can submit the application with copies of this passport but then if I am awarded a visa get a new passport and get the visa put in that one. The same with my son's passport (he is only 2 and therefore his passport is only valid for 5 years).

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Passport Query

Originally Posted by colinscott
Hi, Can anyone tell me how long you need to have left on your passport before you submit your application? Mine runs out in 2010 and I want to know if i can submit the application with copies of this passport but then if I am awarded a visa get a new passport and get the visa put in that one. The same with my son's passport (he is only 2 and therefore his passport is only valid for 5 years).

Thanks

Hi there

My passport also expires in 2010 and I am the main visa applicant. I contacted my agent who said that the date on passport is grand and that there would be no need to renew it now. It can be renewed in Australia.

Hope this helps.

Nadine
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, you can have the visa transferred to the new passport whenever you get it. Australia don't have a limit on how much time is left (some countries require at least six months) If you have it renewed early (say before you move out) Passport Office will add up to 9 months to the new one. It's cheaper and quicker to renew in the UK, so depending on when you're coming out, it may be worth doing before you come.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:11 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

I asked a similar question recently and got slaughtered for not using the search facility :curse:

USE THE SEARCH FACILTY ... its your friend (apparently)!!

Lee

Last edited by stuckinblighty; Feb 3rd 2008 at 9:15 pm.