Partner Visa Help!

Old Jan 16th 2014, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Sophielouise90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Partner Visa Help!

Hi,
I am currently in the process of applying for a Partner Visa as my OH is an Australian PR and we are hoping to move over to Brisbane along with our little boy.

We pretty much have everything needed for the application (I hope!) but there was something on the document checklist that threw me slightly. It says that we have to include copys of either my OH's payslips or a document stating the duration of his job contract, where he works and what as and also his annual salary- I am guessing this is obviously to prove he is able to support me as a sponsor.

We are all currently residing in the UK so obviously his employment is based here, are they requiring him to have an Australian job/salary or is this simply to prove that he is currently working and therefore will be able to find employment within Aus?

Any help would be great thanks, sorry i know it is quite a specific question!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 8:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa Help!

Originally Posted by Sophielouise90
Hi,
I am currently in the process of applying for a Partner Visa as my OH is an Australian PR and we are hoping to move over to Brisbane along with our little boy.

We pretty much have everything needed for the application (I hope!) but there was something on the document checklist that threw me slightly. It says that we have to include copys of either my OH's payslips or a document stating the duration of his job contract, where he works and what as and also his annual salary- I am guessing this is obviously to prove he is able to support me as a sponsor.

We are all currently residing in the UK so obviously his employment is based here, are they requiring him to have an Australian job/salary or is this simply to prove that he is currently working and therefore will be able to find employment within Aus?

Any help would be great thanks, sorry i know it is quite a specific question!
No, pay slips for job in UK. They know many of spouse visas are for partners of non Australian residents.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Sophielouise90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner Visa Help!

Thats great, thanks so much for your help