Partner Visa

Old Jun 12th 2020, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

QuokkaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner Visa

Hi All,

I applied for a Partner Visa last September(we've been together 18 years) without using an agent. Since then nothing has changed on the Immigration Portal. My application still just says 'Received', there is nothing that suggests a case worker has been assigned and I haven't had any emails from them. There is an 'Action Required' to get my Health Checks, but I was waiting before I did this so I don't get caught by the 1 year expiry trap.

Is this normal? Do I just continue to wait until it says a case worker has been assigned. Do I need to do anything else in the meantime? I'm going to post a few more documents and evidence of our relationship since September by way of an update. Just worried I haven't done something I should have.

Thanks,
T
Old Jun 13th 2020, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa

Totally normal. Partner visas even in normal times take a year plus.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 4:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QuokkaMan
Hi All,

I applied for a Partner Visa last September(we've been together 18 years) without using an agent. Since then nothing has changed on the Immigration Portal. My application still just says 'Received', there is nothing that suggests a case worker has been assigned and I haven't had any emails from them. There is an 'Action Required' to get my Health Checks, but I was waiting before I did this so I don't get caught by the 1 year expiry trap.

Is this normal? Do I just continue to wait until it says a case worker has been assigned. Do I need to do anything else in the meantime? I'm going to post a few more documents and evidence of our relationship since September by way of an update. Just worried I haven't done something I should have.

Thanks,
T
You won't even know when a case officer starts looking at it. They will just get in touch when they need the meds and police checks done.
And yes, you can keep uploading stuff in the meantime
Old Jun 13th 2020, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Thank you both for your replies, I'm very grateful and you've put my mind at ease.

Cheers
T
Old Jun 29th 2020, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Domini is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Thanks,
T
Hello, I applied for 309 partner visa in Feb 2019, I didnt hear anything until I received an email in December asking for further information & heath check etc. I presume all waiting times will have been increased with the current situation.

Good luck
Old Jun 29th 2020, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Domini
Hello, I applied for 309 partner visa in Feb 2019, I didnt hear anything until I received an email in December asking for further information & heath check etc. I presume all waiting times will have been increased with the current situation.

Good luck
Thanks Domini, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. How has it gone since then? Were you able to get the medical done and a VISA sorted before the virus struck? I hope things went well for you.

Old Jun 30th 2020, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Domini is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Domini, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. How has it gone since then? Were you able to get the medical done and a VISA sorted before the virus struck? I hope things went well for you.
Yes thankfully the visa was granted in Feb this year so took 11 months start to finish.
Health checks are easy although quite laughable, pay £300+ to look in your ear, pee in a cup & have an xray, then you dont even get a copy of the results.
Once the visa is granted you have to enter Australia (a flying visit is fine) within 365 of being accepted. So we have to go before Feb next year, just awkward planning at the moment.
Hope you guys dont have to wait too long for yours. Good luck
Old Jun 30th 2020, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Domini
Yes thankfully the visa was granted in Feb this year so took 11 months start to finish.
Health checks are easy although quite laughable, pay £300+ to look in your ear, pee in a cup & have an xray, then you dont even get a copy of the results.
Once the visa is granted you have to enter Australia (a flying visit is fine) within 365 of being accepted. So we have to go before Feb next year, just awkward planning at the moment.
Hope you guys dont have to wait too long for yours. Good luck
Cheers, I'm pleased yours is sorted. It is a difficult time tho', I am quite glad we have a bit of time to assess the situation.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

I thought I would come back and update my situation. I received an email today asking me to provide the Health and Police checks information. I'm hope that this means they think the rest of my application is acceptable. This has come 13 months after I initially applied and I have 1 month to get them the information.

We're really happy to see progress, even if the road ahead is complicated due to Covid/Flights/Quarantine etc.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

mpjdodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like good progress. Same happened to me in March. Visa came through shortly afterwards.
Which meant arranging to emigrate in the middle of this pandemic.
In case you're looking now. Be very careful with flights. Lots of airlines are selling seats that don't exist.
I've just landed in Sydney. Wife landed a few weeks ago and the dog in between. (Split up as the dog does less time in quarantine!)
We all flew with Qatar and they were excellent. No problems and everything went to schedule.