Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Partner 309/(subclass 100): Delay first arrival cut-off date?

Partner 309/(subclass 100): Delay first arrival cut-off date?

Old Jun 21st 2020, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Domini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner 309/(subclass 100): Delay first arrival cut-off date?

Hello,

My Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa 309 was finally granted in February (woohoo, I was so relieved, I was so worried it wouldn’t go through).
I was granted the Partner (subclass 100) & was given first entry until: Arrive by 10 February 2021.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to extend the first entry cut-off date & also who would be best to contact regarding this?

We were aiming to completely move before this date (rather than visit, return to UK, then fly back to complete the move). With the current situation it’s a bit of a nightmare to plan anything. Thinking of booking flights is awkward yet alone selling up here, then sorting out a place to live & work in Australia.

Any ideas?
Thank you,

Dom
Old Jun 21st 2020, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner 309/(subclass 100): Delay first arrival cut-off date?

Originally Posted by Domini
Hello,

My Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa 309 was finally granted in February (woohoo, I was so relieved, I was so worried it wouldn’t go through).
I was granted the Partner (subclass 100) & was given first entry until: Arrive by 10 February 2021.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to extend the first entry cut-off date & also who would be best to contact regarding this?

We were aiming to completely move before this date (rather than visit, return to UK, then fly back to complete the move). With the current situation it’s a bit of a nightmare to plan anything. Thinking of booking flights is awkward yet alone selling up here, then sorting out a place to live & work in Australia.

Any ideas?
Thank you,

Dom
Firstly forget the Prospective Marriage bit, thats a 300 and has very different conditions.

Secondly, as the holder of a 309 and partner of an Australian, you are currently able to enter Aus so the chances of them giving you an extension are slim to nothing. Also as the date is so far away, things may have changed a lot by then. If the date was closer, you might stand a chance of extension, but with it being so far ahead, and with you having the ability to travel currently. there's no way I can see them giving you more time.
Old Jun 21st 2020, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Firstly forget the Prospective Marriage bit, thats a 300 and has very different conditions.

Secondly, as the holder of a 309 and partner of an Australian, you are currently able to enter Aus so the chances of them giving you an extension are slim to nothing. Also as the date is so far away, things may have changed a lot by then. If the date was closer, you might stand a chance of extension, but with it being so far ahead, and with you having the ability to travel currently. there's no way I can see them giving you more time.
Hello thank you very much for the reply. Yes I have been granted the 309 as well.

Ah I see, yes it does sound a long time away but then again back in March when lockdown was introduced in UK this present day seemed miles off. I still can't even enter my parents’ house so it's unprecedented times.

As I said booking flights to the other side of the world doesn’t seem feasible currently. I guess I can ask and see.

Would you know the best way or contact to send my request to?

Thanks,

Dom

Old Jun 21st 2020, 12:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello thank you very much for the reply. Yes I have been granted the 309 as well.

Ah I see, yes it does sound a long time away but then again back in March when lockdown was introduced in UK this present day seemed miles off. I still can't even enter my parents’ house so it's unprecedented times.

As I said booking flights to the other side of the world doesn’t seem feasible currently. I guess I can ask and see.

Would you know the best way or contact to send my request to?

Thanks,

Dom
Request for what?An extension on the entry date? Guess you could start with the office which issued your visa.

However, as they make it clear here https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/c...ustralia#toc-2 that you can currently travel to Australia, and your entry date is so far ahead, I would be surprised if they extend it.
Old Jun 21st 2020, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Request for what?An extension on the entry date? Guess you could start with the office which issued your visa.

However, as they make it clear here https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/c...ustralia#toc-2 that you can currently travel to Australia, and your entry date is so far ahead, I would be surprised if they extend it.
thank you
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 11:43 am
Just Joined

martymary125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Any ideas?
Thank you,

Dom
Hi there and congratulations on getting the Visa! I'm sure it was a relief.

I find myself in a similar situation to you, but just awaiting the visa to come through now. It seems impossible to plan, although I'd be hopeful that by the end of the year, there is some real clarity about what is possible. Selling property as a pre-requisite to moving over is the real problem for us and it seems you might have that too.

Out of interest, how long did it take for your visa to come through?

Good luck - I'm sure it'll all work out and the stress will be well worth it!

I would consider
Old Jun 24th 2020, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by martymary125
Hi there and congratulations on getting the Visa! I'm sure it was a relief.

I find myself in a similar situation to you, but just awaiting the visa to come through now. It seems impossible to plan, although I'd be hopeful that by the end of the year, there is some real clarity about what is possible. Selling property as a pre-requisite to moving over is the real problem for us and it seems you might have that too.

Out of interest, how long did it take for your visa to come through?

Good luck - I'm sure it'll all work out and the stress will be well worth it!

I would consider
Hi, yes very awkward, they're still cancelling flights plus at the moment we'd lose 4 weeks just in isolation there & back.

Ours took 11 months to come through. I'm not sure if they're still processed visas that have already been submitted.