Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Could be doing with a little bit of help please

Could be doing with a little bit of help please

Old Jun 24th 2020, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Stafford86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Could be doing with a little bit of help please

Hi everybody,

For a while now, both me and my partner have considered relocating to Australia. We are both still young and also have 2 young children. I am 33 and my partner is 28 and we have 2 sons at 4 and 2 years of age. Last week we took the first step and "Dipped out toes into the water" as to speak, and contact a company called UIS Australia. I recieved a phone call today from them, and was told that I have passed the first checks,but to progress further, I would have to pay $200 usd.
Now here is my query. I have no issue with making this payment, but there was a few things that I asked and didn't feel they were explained well enough, and also a few things that I never asked but probably should have.
Currently here in the UK, we don't have much in the way of savings. Just a few thousand pounds. Most of our money would come from the assets that we have. I.e House and car. Would this be an issue on an application? We also have some debt on a credit card and loan. Would this have any bearing on an application? Also, I have a criminal record for assualt from a few years back in which I was charged and fined. This was a drunken bar fight that went too far. However, I was told over the phone that this shouldn't play too much of a part in it as I never spent any time in the jail. Is this correct?
like I said, this is just us testing the waters to see if we would have a good chance before commiting to anything, and this is why any extra guidance would be helpful.
And also, me and my partner both have skills and qualifications. I am a fully time served wood machinist, although I have been working in an oil and gas terminal over the past 4 years, and my partner is fully skilled in child care and currently works within our local councils nurseries and schools.
Does anybody think this would be worth while progressing further by paying for this or is there a good chance that this could fall flat on its face?
Thanks for any help in advance, and if there is any more answers needed please feel free to ask.
Old Jun 25th 2020, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could be doing with a little bit of help please

This company are not themselves registered migration agents. They are a company that employs an agent. Never deal with anyone that isn’t themselves a registered migration agent.

I would say your case is complex as passing a skills assessment seems unlikely. Most good agents though will do a free assessment of your case. This is one of the best https://www.pinoyau.com
Old Jun 26th 2020, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

I would advise that you Google search this company for reviews as I could not find any indication of them having a MARA Registered Agent, despite boasting a MIA membership and an Australia phone number. These things should really be evident, and you should also expect to find an 'About Us' or 'Who We Are' page on a reputable migration company website, with details about the actual MARA Registered Agent and not just a registration number.
As you are based in the UK, complete a few free online assessments with some of the reputable agents there, as well as Pinoy in Australia who verystormy has suggested. Concept Australia and Immigration2oz are both highly regarded UK companies with MARA Registered Agents at the helm. As advised, be aware that some companies use the licence of a Registered Agent but do not actually have them onsite to give advice.
It is always best to complete a few online assessments anyway, and follow up for a list of services and fees charged. It is an expensive journey so you need to be confident about who you choose to engage to assist you with it.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely only deal with an actual MARA registered agent, as some firms 'hijack' legitimate agent's MARNs. You cannot be a member of the MIA if you are not an RMA.