Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

parents want to join me here in perth can anyone help?

parents want to join me here in perth can anyone help?

Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:27 am
Just Joined

ukpom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default parents want to join me here in perth can anyone help?

hi ive been here 3 months now, im currently on a working visa but have a permenant resident visa ongoing and waiting on approval but my parents want to get over, i know of 2 options 1 being they can either buy their way in because of me been here (when im a settled resident) or for my dad to get a sponsor, im trying to get him a sponsor cos hes a carpenter as i am but having no joy. so is there any other way>??? could any settled Australian Sponsor my parents????
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parents want to join me here in perth can anyone help?

No, they can't "buy their way in" and no, they can't be sponsored by any Australian.

Look at the information booklets. Do they qualify for Contributory Parent (booklet 3), or at least will they in the medium term?

Otherwise you will have to look at other options, such as business migration (booklet 7) or employer nomination (booklet 5).

If they are aged 45 or over, then general skilled migration is closed.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

JAJ, is there anyway in for parents that have too many other kids in the uk - ie fail the balance of family test and are over 45? I am struggling to think of one. Unfortunately neither have highly skilled jobs either.

I am kinda resigned to knowing that holidays will be as good as it gets but would like to find I am wrong.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
JAJ, is there anyway in for parents that have too many other kids in the uk - ie fail the balance of family test and are over 45? I am struggling to think of one. Unfortunately neither have highly skilled jobs either.
Short answer, no, there are no other options.

Longer answer is that occasionally a parent may fall into one of the less usual Family Class visas, such as carer, remaining relative (child cannot sponsor a parent but sometimes the parent has a sibling in Australia) or aged dependent relative (unusual for U.K. residents) but these are generally quite difficult and age-specific.

Again, in unusual cases, a parent might be able to qualify for an investor or business visa, or employer nomination if highly skilled. Occasionally, parents are under 45 and able to get through as general skilled migrants.

The migration booklets explain the options.

Unfortunately, there is not a migration option open to everyone.

If other children migrate and the balance of family test changes, then things become different.

It is worth getting professional advice on the exact application of balance of family if there is any "blended" family in the picture.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Short answer, no, there are no other options.

Longer answer is that occasionally a parent may fall into one of the less usual Family Class visas, such as carer Nope , remaining relative no (child cannot sponsor a parent but sometimes the parent has a sibling in Australia) or aged dependent relative (unusual for U.K. residents) no as they are/will be entitled to pensionsbut these are generally quite difficult and age-specific.

Again, in unusual cases, a parent might be able to qualify for an investor or business visa no hope no money, or employer nomination if highly skilled no. Occasionally, parents are under 45 and able to get through as general skilled migrants. no

The migration booklets explain the options. read them

Unfortunately, there is not a migration option open to everyone. Looks like this is the case for them.

If other children migrate and the balance of family test changes, then things become different. if only

It is worth getting professional advice on the exact application of balance of family if there is any "blended" family in the picture. full on siblings with mum and two very long lost stepbrothers from stepdad he hasn't seen them in 20 yrs and they are adult
Looks like I'll be on my own here!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ukpom
hi ive been here 3 months now, im currently on a working visa but have a permenant resident visa ongoing and waiting on approval but my parents want to get over, i know of 2 options 1 being they can either buy their way in because of me been here (when im a settled resident) or for my dad to get a sponsor, im trying to get him a sponsor cos hes a carpenter as i am but having no joy. so is there any other way>??? could any settled Australian Sponsor my parents????
My MIL emigrated to Perth 2 years ago, she was sponsored by a citizen. The conditions for her was that the balance of her family were living in OZ and she had to pay alot of money too.