Parents as Non Migrating dependent

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:00 pm
24Dec2009:175 - Got Visa

apnavsari is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Parents as Non Migrating dependent

Hi all,

I had mentioned my parents as "Non Migrating Dependents" and now the CO has asked me if they live at the same address then why they are not migrating. Is there any problem that my application could get rejected due to having provide them support.

Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents as Non Migrating dependent

As you have called your parents dependents, the thought process is that you could try to bring them over on the strength of being your dependents at some point in the future. DIAC does not want to be in the position of splitting up families where one person is dependent upon another. So they want to find out exactly why they are not going over with you and they will have to pass medicals in order for you to get your visa granted. It doesn't mean your visa will be rejected just because they have asked you some questions, no.

Do your parents live at the same address as you by the way?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Concurent is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by apnavsari
Hi all,

I had mentioned my parents as "Non Migrating Dependents" and now the CO has asked me if they live at the same address then why they are not migrating. Is there any problem that my application could get rejected due to having provide them support.

Thanks
visa can be rejected if your parents will not pass medical examinations, so be carefull!
I did this mistake during filling the form and afterwards I had to provide form 1023 to DIAC - it states that something was wrong in your application and you want to change it.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:16 pm
24Dec2009:175 - Got Visa

apnavsari is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
As you have called your parents dependents, the thought process is that you could try to bring them over on the strength of being your dependents at some point in the future. DIAC does not want to be in the position of splitting up families where one person is dependent upon another. So they want to find out exactly why they are not going over with you and they will have to pass medicals in order for you to get your visa granted. It doesn't mean your visa will be rejected just because they have asked you some questions, no.

Do your parents live at the same address as you by the way?
Yes they do
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apnavsari
Yes they do
Then if they are dependent on you, how will they support themselves and where will they live after you migrate? That is what DIAC will be trying to establish in case, as Bermudashorts says, you try to bring them over later as dependents.