parents migration

Old May 18th 2007, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice
Default Re: parents migration

Blimey, that could cause some serious problems.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:35 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Many of the people answering the phones on the helpline have only a hazy understanding of the rules. Lots of stories of advice that's incomplete, misunderstood or just plain wrong.
Over the past 5 years of waiting and checking for other visa options ..I can agree with this!

I cannot speak about the none contributory Parent visa - but I know many taking the Contributory Parent visa are advised that it is just a documentation excercise ie no trade skills to identy,etc,. The CP visa sets out the criteria and if you qualify and can pay the £38000 /AUD$85000 give or take a bit, that it will take for a couple, expect a 12 -18 month process time and thats about it. (Most aussie's think we just apply for a visa and walk in free! and in some towns you could buy a house for that money!)

Fact is like any other visa, its really better if you have a registered immigration agent working for you. There are pitfalls and its better to have a person with good history and a line of communication to Perth..who will avoid them for you.
In the UK agents were quoting us fee's between £1000 and £3500, so its best to shop around. We found an agent in Sydney ( this is because we plan on being in Sydney for the final 12 months or so of the application process time )who is highly respected and gets lots of recomends from those for whom he has acted for. (PM me if you want more info)
I also suggest that the Moderators on the forum have a wealth of information updated almost daily by virtue of their involvement in the forum.

On a final note..after all the waiting since our recce in December 2002 our application will be lodged next week, house up for sale, wifes car sold and our local tip now owns more of our gear than we do!
Old May 19th 2007, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Elwin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Moderator - Being "wealthy" enough to get a 410 visa included house, car, etc etc. To get a Parent Visa (contributory) you have to pay £75,000 in hard cash! Quite a difference. Not many people have that kind of money "lying around". All assets are in property, cars etc etc. I was informed by the Immigration Department themselves that you cannot apply for a 410 Visa once Parent Visa application is lodged. Anyway, going to see them again this coming week, will get it sorted.
Old May 19th 2007, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elwin
Hi Moderator - Being "wealthy" enough to get a 410 visa included house, car, etc etc. To get a Parent Visa (contributory) you have to pay £75,000 in hard cash! Quite a difference. Not many people have that kind of money "lying around". All assets are in property, cars etc etc. I was informed by the Immigration Department themselves that you cannot apply for a 410 Visa once Parent Visa application is lodged. Anyway, going to see them again this coming week, will get it sorted.
Hi,

This is from form 47PA - the Parent Class application form:-
Note: To make a valid application for the parent visa for
which you are applying on this form, you must withdraw all
other parent visa applications lodged with the department

DIMA dictate that you cannot apply for one visa if you currently have an application in process for a different class of visa. This seems to be a basic rule and would therefore seem to apply to all classes.

The 410 - is a Retirement ( temporary ) visa - which according to the notes was - as of the 1st July 2005, closed to all new or first time applicants.

The Contributory parent visa is not GBP£75000.
Assuming a couple apply, it is in the region of GBP£38000 (..and part is returnable after 10 years - unless you wack up some big hostpital bills-which in any case will be sent to your sponsor) when you include, agents fee's, applications fee's and incidental costs ie medicals and payment is is AUD$ so the final all in cost will depend on exchange rates.

The fact that you appear to have found much confusion, would indicate that you may have been better advised had you discussed your options with a qualified immigration agent - of which there are some good and some "claimed" to be bad. A post asking for "good" agents will bring a selection for you to choose from.

The Moderators on this forum are not - as far as I know - qualified immigration agents - but have a wealth of advice and information and put lots of time and effort in helping others.

No agent is going to lavish free advice ad infinitum - untill you start paying one to do so. In January this year, in Sydney we visited an agent, who assessed our options fee-AUD$75. Which is peanuts if it clears the path and eliminates all the guesswork.

Hope this helps you along your path...
Old May 19th 2007, 8:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Those on a parent visa are entitled to full medicare rights. Therefore their assurer will not need to pay medical bills......unless they go private and these will be the responsibility of the recipient of such treatment...not their assurer

G
Old May 19th 2007, 8:51 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
The Moderators on this forum are not - as far as I know - qualified immigration agents
As far as I am aware JAJ is.

G
Old May 20th 2007, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Those on a parent visa are entitled to full medicare rights. Therefore their assurer will not need to pay medical bills......unless they go private and these will be the responsibility of the recipient of such treatment...not their assurer.
G

...as ever I bow to your superior and sagelike knowledge..however in my reply- as the subject of a the Contributory Parent visa was mentioned...I related to that and not the Parent visa - which the poster has been informed he is not eligable for.

V

Last edited by Vinny van Gogh; May 20th 2007 at 1:57 am.
Old May 20th 2007, 4:19 am
Bitter and twisted

Those on a parent visa are entitled to full medicare rights. Therefore their assurer will not need to pay medical bills......unless they go private and these will be the responsibility of the recipient of such treatment...not their assurer.
G

...as ever I bow to your superior and sagelike knowledge..however in my reply- as the subject of a the Contributory Parent visa was mentioned...I related to that and not the Parent visa - which the poster has been informed he is not eligable for.

V
Those on a Contributory parent visa are also entitled to FULL medicare rights.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make
Old May 20th 2007, 10:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling

see below....

Last edited by Vinny van Gogh; May 20th 2007 at 11:14 am.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Sorry...hated to think I was getting others mixed up so did a check.

These are snippets from the full info pages relating to the 143 class CP visa.
http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/34aos.htm

....receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)

....the Assurance of Support must remain in place for you and any accompanying family members for ten (10) years from the date of:

The Assurance of Support scheme enables welfare costs for these migrants to be met by an Australian permanent resident or citizen, rather than the Australian community.

I dont see this as "Full medicare rights" free and forever. If these Full rights were in place then the 10 year Sponsor assurance of support and the above clearly states the facts of recovering costs from the sponsor, so it cannot be full and free. I know you never said free, but others may read your statement to indicate free medicare without conditions.

In real terms..if the Sponsor dont pay...yer dont get the bond back.
Which I think is what I said, so which bit did I get wrong?

Not anymore

V
Old May 20th 2007, 7:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Sorry...hated to think I was getting others mixed up so did a check.

These are snippets from the full info pages relating to the 143 class CP visa.
http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/34aos.htm

....receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)

....the Assurance of Support must remain in place for you and any accompanying family members for ten (10) years from the date of:

The Assurance of Support scheme enables welfare costs for these migrants to be met by an Australian permanent resident or citizen, rather than the Australian community.

I dont see this as "Full medicare rights" free and forever. If these Full rights were in place then the 10 year Sponsor assurance of support and the above clearly states the facts of recovering costs from the sponsor, so it cannot be full and free. I know you never said free, but others may read your statement to indicate free medicare without conditions.

In real terms..if the Sponsor dont pay...yer dont get the bond back.
Which I think is what I said, so which bit did I get wrong?

Not anymore

V
Because the bond of assurance does not have to cover medical costs.

Contributory parent visa holders have exactly the same medicare rights as any other PR visa holder and can also apply for citizenship the same as any other PR visa holder.

The medicare rights are no different to anyone else.

I have a CP visa.

G
Old May 20th 2007, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Because the bond of assurance does not have to cover medical costs.

Contributory parent visa holders have exactly the same medicare rights as any other PR visa holder and can also apply for citizenship the same as any other PR visa holder.

The medicare rights are no different to anyone else.

I have a CP visa.

G
My comments to which you replied were these:-
The Contributory parent visa is not GBP£75000.
Assuming a couple apply, it is in the region of GBP£38000 (..and part is returnable after 10 years - unless you wack up some big hostpital bills-which in any case will be sent to your sponsor)

I never said anything about citizenship.

I never said that their Medicare rights were any different.

Your reply :-Those on a parent visa are entitled to full medicare rights. Therefore their assurer will not need to pay medical bills......unless they go private and these will be the responsibility of the recipient of such treatment...not their assurer

The CP 143 facts sheet states:-

"Welfare" includes certain medical costs I have been informed.

You said:-I have a CP visa.

I have a City & Guilds in Electronics.
This does not make any comment I make on the subject a fact.

V
Old May 20th 2007, 8:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

"Welfare" includes certain medical costs I have been informed.

Welfare costs do not include medical costs.
Old May 20th 2007, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Elwin is an unknown quantity at this point

Here goes! - I would like to know who folk rate as "good" immigration agents" I would welcome a selection to choose from in Perth.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Anyone concerned that the AOS includes having to pay for medical costs see this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395618

Post 2 gives the answer.

This thread is also useful:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314515

G

Last edited by Grayling; May 20th 2007 at 10:15 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.