parents migration

Old May 11th 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

wannabies will become famous soon enoughwannabies will become famous soon enough
Default parents migration

Hi

Just new to this hope I'm doing it right. One son and daughter in law already in Oz, another and his family on his way. We are considering parent migration any info or views from those who have experienced the trails and tribulations of going along this path welcome.
Old May 11th 2007, 9:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parents migration

Originally Posted by wannabies
Hi

Just new to this hope I'm doing it right. One son and daughter in law already in Oz, another and his family on his way. We are considering parent migration any info or views from those who have experienced the trails and tribulations of going along this path welcome.
Welcome to the site. I can't help with info about Australia I'm afraid, but the members here are really helpful and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you some pointers.

Sue
Old May 11th 2007, 9:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You first need to check if you would be eligible.

Do you pass the balance of family test?

Can you afford the visa fees?

Start here:

www.immi.gov.au

G
Old May 12th 2007, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Can be an extreemly long wait or it's extreemly expensive! Not as easy as it's made out to be! If you don't mind waiting well over 5 years or have money to burn (think around £34,000) then it's not a problem.
Old May 12th 2007, 4:56 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

welcome to BE. my parents have submitted their parent visa late last year. have a look at the following thread, it is quite long but informative, and it helps others with lots of info......http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436128

how many children have you got, and where do they all live is my first question?

ps, in response to the post above mine, they are talking about 2 possible routes, the temporary parent visa, which can take over 10 years as only so many visas are granted per year (i think about 2000), and as parents all over the world can apply, this list is quite long. there is also the permanent contributory parent visa (CPV), which would take about 12-18 months from start to finish, but has the cost element to consider, as it costs about 34,000 pounds for 2 adults. both are reasonably easy to do yourself as you dont have to sort out the skills stuff, like we did, so its just a matter of getting all the stuff together and filling in forms and sending off. there is also a business visa (sorry, dont know anything about this).

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; May 12th 2007 at 5:05 am.
Old May 12th 2007, 5:33 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
welcome to BE. my parents have submitted their parent visa late last year. have a look at the following thread, it is quite long but informative, and it helps others with lots of info......http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436128

how many children have you got, and where do they all live is my first question?

ps, in response to the post above mine, they are talking about 2 possible routes, the temporary parent visa, which can take over 10 years as only so many visas are granted per year (i think about 2000), and as parents all over the world can apply, this list is quite long. there is also the permanent contributory parent visa (CPV), which would take about 12-18 months from start to finish, but has the cost element to consider, as it costs about 34,000 pounds for 2 adults. both are reasonably easy to do yourself as you dont have to sort out the skills stuff, like we did, so its just a matter of getting all the stuff together and filling in forms and sending off. there is also a business visa (sorry, dont know anything about this).
Hi SB

How you going?

Just to amend your ps above......... the first visa you quote is the standard "non paying" Parent Visa which costs very little other than (currently) 12-15 years of life waiting for it. The CPV is, of course, the one with both the Temporary or Permanent choices, both of which cost mucho-money, but with the Temp one it is "spread out" and not required to be all paid at the start (ie the major 2nd payment is only required when you want to convert from Temp to Permanent in this instance). I believe there is a time limit to do this.

As G says - www.immi.gov.au is the first way to go.

Regards

Jim

ps are you organising a "northern" Central Coast meet up there in the near future?
Old May 12th 2007, 7:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Sleeping Beauty;4769210]
ps, in response to the post above mine, they are talking about 2 possible routes, the temporary parent visa, which can take over 10 years as only so many visas are granted per yearQUOTE]

That is incorrect.

The non contributory parent visa is a permanent visa but has a wait of over 10 years.

As Jim says...it is the contributory parent visa which is either permanent or temporary depending on which class you apply for.

The waiting time for both permanent and temporary CP visas is the same.

G
Old May 12th 2007, 7:48 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Grayling;4769456]
Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
ps, in response to the post above mine, they are talking about 2 possible routes, the temporary parent visa, which can take over 10 years as only so many visas are granted per yearQUOTE]

That is incorrect.

The non contributory parent visa is a permanent visa but has a wait of over 10 years.

As Jim says...it is the contributory parent visa which is either permanent or temporary depending on which class you apply for.

The waiting time for both permanent and temporary CP visas is the same.

G
sorry guys, spent nearly all day at hospital with the 5 year old (viral infection and mild pleurisy ). you are both right of course. i knew what i meant to type, but failed miserably...........
Old May 12th 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

BrianJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: parents migration

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi SB

How you going?

Just to amend your ps above......... the first visa you quote is the standard "non paying" Parent Visa which costs very little other than (currently) 12-15 years of life waiting for it. The CPV is, of course, the one with both the Temporary or Permanent choices, both of which cost mucho-money, but with the Temp one it is "spread out" and not required to be all paid at the start (ie the major 2nd payment is only required when you want to convert from Temp to Permanent in this instance). I believe there is a time limit to do this.

As G says - www.immi.gov.au is the first way to go.

Regards

Jim

ps are you organising a "northern" Central Coast meet up there in the near future?
Hi all
My wife and myself are going the Temp to Perm route, we have filed all the necessary forms and they have been received @perth we think.. as our credit card has been debited for the first payment. Does anyone know roughly the time length till they notify us or get the case officer allocated?
Regards
Brian & Sue
Old May 12th 2007, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

BrianJ is an unknown quantity at this point

P.S.
Were going on the Contributory Visa
Old May 12th 2007, 5:36 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

We are also going on a Cont PArent Visa and was told its about 9 months before you hear anything once your papers have been acknowledged.
We applied in Feb 07 so still have a long way to go yet before we get our CO.

Caz
Old May 13th 2007, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
We are also going on a Cont PArent Visa and was told its about 9 months before you hear anything once your papers have been acknowledged.
We applied in Feb 07 so still have a long way to go yet before we get our CO.

Caz
Hi,

After 5 years of waiting...our Contributory Parent visa application goes in from our agent in June.
We hope to go over on a 12 month visa and also hoping to get the timing right on house sale and other stuff and allow at least 14 months from application date!

VvG
Old May 13th 2007, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

wannabies will become famous soon enoughwannabies will become famous soon enough

Hi

We are hoping to go along the contributory parent visa. We meet the balance of family rule as both children will be in Oz. We have been told that one of our children must have been resident for two years before we can apply, is that correct, we are three months short of target. Is it worth making a start with the visa if the waiting period is over a year, or will it just be knocked back until two years residency has passed.

Thanks for any info.

Old May 13th 2007, 5:23 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

wannabies

You child has to be settled for two years and also be a Permanent Resident before you apply.

I used Go Matilda as our Agent for our CPV and although our Daughter had her PR before the two years we still had to wait until she had actually been in Australia for 2 years as the settled period before our Agent would send off the paperwork.

WE are now in week 12 (week 13 this coming Thursday and no I am not counting) so we have a long way to go yet even before we get a CO.

We are not going to do anything like front load meds and police checks until we have a CO and are asked for this, we are also not going to sell our house until the visa has been granted as we don't want the pressure of perhaps going into rented accommodation only to find it all falls through and then you are going to have to look around for another house to buy, unless that is what you intend to do.

Hope that helps and good luck

Caz
Old May 13th 2007, 9:50 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Sleeping Beauty;4769524]
Originally Posted by Grayling
sorry guys, spent nearly all day at hospital with the 5 year old (viral infection and mild pleurisy ). you are both right of course. i knew what i meant to type, but failed miserably...........
No worries SB............ hope your daughter is "on the mend" ?

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.