paperbased applications thread

Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paperbased applications thread

I'm 175, but have just got pre-grant letter: took 11months and 2 weeks- Oct 30th 07- so some of you will have a wait, unless you applied online. We waited to do meds until about 5 months after ack. That way they were frontloaded but still valid by the time of the grant. If you do them too early, you have to move pdq once the visa is granted to validate it as it is a year from the date of meds/police checks. So we have till April to do ours.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

JohnandDiana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I'm 175, but have just got pre-grant letter: took 11months and 2 weeks- Oct 30th 07- so some of you will have a wait, unless you applied online. We waited to do meds until about 5 months after ack. That way they were frontloaded but still valid by the time of the grant. If you do them too early, you have to move pdq once the visa is granted to validate it as it is a year from the date of meds/police checks. So we have till April to do ours.

Hi,

We are probably getting near that time now. I phoned my agent a couple of weeks ago but she can't seem to tell me anything. What she did say is that if we wanted to, we could redo our police checks as they run out at the beginning of March and by doing that it would give us some more breathing space as when (if) we eventually get our visa's, the first thing then that will run out are our medicals which we had done mid-Aug. I wasn't sure you could do that as I thought that you had to wait until your original police checks ran out before you could renew. Anyway we have done that and they have apparently been scanned and emailed over so I hope she is right. It's now more waiting....and waiting......and waiting!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by themoody6
Hi, nice to meet you.

You must be due to be allocated soo surely! We lodged on 4th June 2008 so looks like we have quite a wait ahead yet. I wish we'd done this sooner now as we had friends did this 18 months ago and where all completed from TRA to Visa in 7 months.
It would appear that online applications are getting priority at the moment. For some reason our agent didn't even suggest that route, but it would seem we'd have got there quicker had we taken it.
It just seems such a minefield and getting information is near impossible.
I'm seriously considering getting our medicals and police checks done in the next few months so that hopefully once we are allocated it will be a quick response. Karen
hi we also did a 175 we lodged in april and heard nothin since so i wouldnt rush into doing anything at the moment like selling houses, cars or anything else because we put the house up for sale it had been up about 3 month and someone put a offer in so we sold everything in the house sold the car and moved in with family but then a month or so later they pulled out and we still had'nt heard anything about gettin a co so we have had to buy a few things again and move back in for xmas so i hope we hear something soon after xmas
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
hi we also did a 175 we lodged in april and heard nothin since so i wouldnt rush into doing anything at the moment like selling houses, cars or anything else because we put the house up for sale it had been up about 3 month and someone put a offer in so we sold everything in the house sold the car and moved in with family but then a month or so later they pulled out and we still had'nt heard anything about gettin a co so we have had to buy a few things again and move back in for xmas so i hope we hear something soon after xmas
Just reiterating a few points that keep coming up on here.

An offshore 175 has an expected processing time of 12 months and the DIAC website strongly recommends people don't do anything drastic like move to sell their homes etc. until you hear from them.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter...ndards/2.1.htm

If you have sent a complete application, you won't hear from a CO - you only 'get' a CO if they need to ask for further information.

If you manage your expections with the 12 month timeframe you are more likely to be pleasantly surprised by an early visa grant than continue to feel frustrated.

Also spare a thought for 2007 applicants still waiting
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Just reiterating a few points that keep coming up on here.

An offshore 175 has an expected processing time of 12 months and the DIAC website strongly recommends people don't do anything drastic like move to sell their homes etc. until you hear from them.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter...ndards/2.1.htm

If you have sent a complete application, you won't hear from a CO - you only 'get' a CO if they need to ask for further information.

If you manage your expections with the 12 month timeframe you are more likely to be pleasantly surprised by an early visa grant than continue to feel frustrated.

Also spare a thought for 2007 applicants still waiting
ye think we just got a little excited we have been thinkin of going on holiday to florida next year but didnt wont to book anything but if wot you say is i think i will go have a look today at least the kids will have something to look forward that we know is going to happen
and we spare a lot of thought for the 2007 applicants they must be so pissed off when they read about people getting theres
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
ye think we just got a little excited we have been thinkin of going on holiday to florida next year but didnt wont to book anything but if wot you say is i think i will go have a look today at least the kids will have something to look forward that we know is going to happen
and we spare a lot of thought for the 2007 applicants they must be so pissed off when they read about people getting theres
It's the not knowing or having any idea of timelines that sends us all absolute bonkers isn't it it all seems so random, the processing - I just tried to keep myself sane by expecting the whole thing to take a year. In the end it took less than 5 months, and I was fortunate enough not to have kids in schools, house to sell etc. so I do really feel for everyone who can't make plans

Whereabouts in Florida were you thinking? I have a good mate in Key West, absolutely love it down there. Good thinking having something to look forward to
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
It's the not knowing or having any idea of timelines that sends us all absolute bonkers isn't it it all seems so random, the processing - I just tried to keep myself sane by expecting the whole thing to take a year. In the end it took less than 5 months, and I was fortunate enough not to have kids in schools, house to sell etc. so I do really feel for everyone who can't make plans

Whereabouts in Florida were you thinking? I have a good mate in Key West, absolutely love it down there. Good thinking having something to look forward to
Thinkin of orlando it will be our last holiday for a long time so why not make it one to remember well we need to add our new baby on so hope its not going to make it take longer
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to let some of you know - the moderators have really offended me on another thread and I'm signing off. It's not just that I'm disgusted by the way they run this website like it's 1984 (expect to see either this post deleted/censored or at least followed by a reprimand) it's also a good chance for me to move on and focus completely on the business etc. This place is addictive and I spend too much time on here when I should be doing my homework haha

If anyone wants to keep in touch by all means PM me - this forum's been fantastic and I've loved watching all your journeys and wish those of you still waiting all the very best.

Australia is just the most wonderful place and all the pain and uncertainty is worth it when you get here. Don't let all the negative feedback on here get you down, and uphold your right to freedom of speech when the moderators intervene inappropriately and make you feel squashed

Victoria.x
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Hi all - just to let you know that finally, after an 11 and half month wait, we got our visas this morning!!!!!

Still in shock!

Alex
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:29 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch
Hi all - just to let you know that finally, after an 11 and half month wait, we got our visas this morning!!!!!

Still in shock!

Alex
Fantastic news Alex, welcome to VISATOWN

Enjoy the feeling, hope the wait was worth it
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandDiana is an unknown quantity at this point

Still in shock!

Alex

Hey, Congratulations Alex.......surely ours can't be too long now!!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by JohnandDiana
Hey, Congratulations Alex.......surely ours can't be too long now!!

Congrats ALEX !!!! I see you are a 176......same as me !!!
Very happy for you....

John and Diana......us too hope ours is not too much longer !

Cheers
Nix
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Still in shock!

Alex
Congratulations and good luck for us all in our new lives in Oz
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

Thanks for all good wishes. Really hope those 'long-timers' still waiting hear really soon.

Alex
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

congratulations xx

Still in shock!

Alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.