British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   paperbased applications thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/paperbased-applications-thread-542621/)

kazozz Jun 12th 2008 8:41 am

paperbased applications thread

hi guys

thought it may be a good idear for all us paperbased applications to have our own thread, give us an idear how many of us paper people are being processed??
we will have been waiting almost 8 months, am fed up of waiting.:frown:
There must be some paperbased out ther being processed. let us know,

Wishwewerethere Jun 12th 2008 10:14 am

Re: paperbased applications thread

Originally Posted by kazozz (Post 6459708)
hi guys

thought it may be a good idear for all us paperbased applications to have our own thread, give us an idear how many of us paper people are being processed??
we will have been waiting almost 8 months, am fed up of waiting.:frown:
There must be some paperbased out ther being processed. let us know,

Hi Kazozz

Thought I'd join this thread as seem to have similar dates,our application was paperbased...and we are fed up with the wait!!
Our timeline looks like this,

Vetassess applied:06/08/07
Positive Vetassess:25/09/07
475 Paper Application in:15/10/07
Acknowledged and receipted:29/10/07
Xrays:07/04/08
Meds:14/04/08
Police checks:02/05/08
Still no CO

Paul,Alison,Sam(8),Laura(4),2xdogs and 1xcat

leeob77 Jun 12th 2008 3:09 pm

we sent paper application too. (our agent told us to send it instead of waiting the extra month and doing online application - nice one!!!).
our timeline is as follows:
TRA done 20/4/07 - passed.
136 application sent 22/8/07.
acknowlegement - 26/02/08
case officer requests meds / police checks - 27/4/08
meds / police checks done - received in oz - 19/5/08
waiting!!!!!!!!!!!! (for an eternity i think!!)

shellynelly Jun 12th 2008 3:17 pm

hello we are paper based to , sent ours 19th sept ack and file number 2nd oct, we have been asked to get extra documents to do with hubby being in the TA 20 years ago, but been told somone is looking st our file but we havent got a case officer yet ( dont understand i thought it was the case officer who asked for extra documents,) really fed up with it now, feels like your whole life is on hold:curse::curse:

carolinephillips Jun 12th 2008 3:31 pm

Hi- paper based acknowledged 30th October. Had police checks and meds, but no CO yet. Now fed up and applying for 475 business sponsored as OH has job starting 1st Sept. Can't believe that the visa lot have only moved 3 days since MARCH!!!
Caroline

Wandathecat Jun 12th 2008 3:52 pm

Timeline in my signature.............thinking of doing the tourit visa and having an adventure out there to pass the time!!!!

......listen.....carefully......nope....nothing!!! !!!:mad:

Wishwewerethere Jun 12th 2008 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 6460460)
Hi- paper based acknowledged 30th October. Had police checks and meds, but no CO yet. Now fed up and applying for 475 business sponsored as OH has job starting 1st Sept. Can't believe that the visa lot have only moved 3 days since MARCH!!!
Caroline

Hi Caroline

Do you mean a 457 visa as the 475 visa is for either state sponsorship or sponsorship by a relative?

Paul

kazozz Jun 12th 2008 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by leeob77 (Post 6460392)
we sent paper application too. (our agent told us to send it instead of waiting the extra month and doing online application - nice one!!!).

hi shellynelly
congrats on CO, u are nearly there, golden tickets in sight, goodluck, where you heading?

shellynelly Jun 12th 2008 4:35 pm

hi kaz

not sure if we have case officer been told no but live in hope, we are heading to perth, hopefully around rockingham etc, depends on job offers i suppose and kids schools

kazozz Jun 12th 2008 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by leeob77 (Post 6460392)

hi wishwewherethere, i so no what you mean, was chating to another lady who had her application sent back, then rushed to get it in b4 the new sept rules, sept came and went immi hadnt taken payment so she then applyed online, and guess what online visa granted oct, they have been in ozz since dec. so can understand why you fed up with agent. am so fed up with waiting to where you heading? goodluck, will let you know if i hear anything!!

kazozz Jun 12th 2008 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by shellynelly (Post 6460674)
hi kaz

not sure if we have case officer been told no but live in hope, we are heading to perth, hopefully around rockingham etc, depends on job offers i suppose and kids schools

hi we have just come back from PERTH Rocko was on me list of have a look subs, lots of brits there. for me its Mandurah, loved it , wish i where there.

kazozz Jun 12th 2008 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Wandathecat (Post 6460529)
Timeline in my signature.............thinking of doing the tourit visa and having an adventure out there to pass the time!!!!

......listen.....carefully......nope....nothing!!! !!!:mad:

hi wandacat
they took there money quick enough!! goodluck!

Wishwewerethere Jun 12th 2008 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by kazozz (Post 6460688)
hi wishwewherethere, i so no what you mean, was chating to another lady who had her application sent back, then rushed to get it in b4 the new sept rules, sept came and went immi hadnt taken payment so she then applyed online, and guess what online visa granted oct, they have been in ozz since dec. so can understand why you fed up with agent. am so fed up with waiting to where you heading? goodluck, will let you know if i hear anything!!

Hi Kazozz

We have to head to where our sponsor relative is, in NSW, a place called Port Macquarie about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane.
Will get there one day.Keep looking at live webcams of Port beach and thinking want to be there!!

shellynelly Jun 12th 2008 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by kazozz (Post 6460704)
hi we have just come back from PERTH Rocko was on me list of have a look subs, lots of brits there. for me its Mandurah, loved it , wish i where there.

was thinking of Mandurah as well, not sure what to do yet, scared to plan anything in case the visa never comes(it is beginning to feel like that), we were hoping to fly out early september and have a good look around wether we do or not depends on the golden ticket:)

shellynelly Jun 12th 2008 5:14 pm

what did you like so much about mandurah