open oz branch of uk business -457??

Old Nov 4th 2010, 8:57 am
Just Joined

casablanca83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default open oz branch of uk business -457??

Hi,
I can't seem to find much info anywhere on this but I wanted to find out abuot expansing a uk business over to Australia. America has a visa whereby you can establish a business over there and then transfer yourself over as an employee to run/manage that business.
I wondered if this is possible with the 457 - can you register a business over then and then sponsor yourself to go over and run it?
We've looked at the business owner visa but the wait on those is what's putting us off.
I just wondered if I'm missing anything - if you want to expand your business, invest money in Asutralia, employee Australians etc - is there an easy route??
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Saracen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: open oz branch of uk business -457??

Originally Posted by casablanca83
Hi,
I can't seem to find much info anywhere on this but I wanted to find out abuot expansing a uk business over to Australia. America has a visa whereby you can establish a business over there and then transfer yourself over as an employee to run/manage that business.
I wondered if this is possible with the 457 - can you register a business over then and then sponsor yourself to go over and run it?
We've looked at the business owner visa but the wait on those is what's putting us off.
I just wondered if I'm missing anything - if you want to expand your business, invest money in Asutralia, employee Australians etc - is there an easy route??
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Hi casablanca83

Not sure about this but you can read this and see if anything fits your category.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/busin...sa-options.htm
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:18 am
Just Joined

casablanca83 is an unknown quantity at this point

or could we buy a business over there and then start a new one?....

I'm not sure if there's just really few people that go down the business owner route and thats why there's not much info but if there's anyone out there that knows anything would be great to hear!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 4:00 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you would usually use the Overseas Business Sponsor provisions of the subclass 457 visa.

Best regards.