Questions, Questions & More Questions!!!

Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Ozziemummy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Questions, Questions & More Questions!!!

Hey Everyone.
Right I have loads of questions now!! Need as many people to help out as possible

1. If I want to apply for a partners visa I understand I can do this while in Australia. Only thing is, when we fly into Australia on a one way ticket won't they question it terribly? What am I suppose to do to prove what we are about to do?
2. We would like to ship some small bits over. Anyone know of the best way possible to go about this? It is little things like my 6 month old has been given 5 black sacks worth of clothes till about the age of 3 and an old stereo my partner loves from his granddad that we want to take.
3. How quickly have peoples partner visas been processing if it a case of HAVING to apply for one here.

I thought I had more questions but that's all I can think of tonight.

Cheers for your help
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions, Questions & More Questions!!!

Originally Posted by Ozziemummy
Hey Everyone.
Right I have loads of questions now!! Need as many people to help out as possible

1. If I want to apply for a partners visa I understand I can do this while in Australia. Only thing is, when we fly into Australia on a one way ticket won't they question it terribly? What am I suppose to do to prove what we are about to do?
2. We would like to ship some small bits over. Anyone know of the best way possible to go about this? It is little things like my 6 month old has been given 5 black sacks worth of clothes till about the age of 3 and an old stereo my partner loves from his granddad that we want to take.
3. How quickly have peoples partner visas been processing if it a case of HAVING to apply for one here.

Cheers for your help
Q1) Tourist visas and one way tickets don't go well together. It is entirely possible that you will get questioned yes. I don't understand what you mean baout "what do you need to do to prove what you are about to do" that is what are you about to do??

Q2) I have heard a company called excessbaggage.com are good in situations like yours.

Q3) Pass sorry.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

The situation is this
I am Australian. He is British. We have lived together for over two years and have had a baby 6 moths ago together.
I am ready to go home and live closer to my mum and dad. We have established that the visa he needs to get is a defacto visa but what I want to do is get over there and start applying for it. What I know will happen is he will get pulled up at immigration due to having a one way ticket and get turned away. I want to know how we can show immigration what we want to do so that this doesn't happen.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 9:59 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

The situation is this
I am Australian. He is British. We have lived together for over two years and have had a baby 6 moths ago together.
I am ready to go home and live closer to my mum and dad. We have established that the visa he needs to get is a defacto visa but what I want to do is get over there and start applying for it. What I know will happen is he will get pulled up at immigration due to having a one way ticket and get turned away. I want to know how we can show immigration what we want to do so that this doesn't happen.
Why not apply for his visa in the UK?
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The situation is this
Yes I have answered that. I will repeat, it is entirely possible that he will get stopped if he tries to enter Australia on a tourist visa with a one way ticket.

And showing immigration "what you want to do" isn't going to help. In fact just about the worst thing he could do is tell immigration that he is here on this tourist visa and one way ticket and is hoping once he is in the country he can apply to stay.

Why don't you apply for the visa now?
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Okay...
What I think you need to do is to apply for a defacto spouse visa for him here in the UK before either of you go anywhere. You will be sponsoring him for this visa & you will need to provide at least 12 months evidence of the relationship...you will also need to apply for something for your baby - it would be wise to sort out UK passport if he was born here.
I think, though I'm not sure, that it will be far easier for you to apply while you are here in the UK & less likely that it will arouse suspicion etc than by trying to go the quick route by turning up on a tourist visa.
Best of luck, there will be far more knowledgeable people than me along soon that will help you
Just Joined

We want to fly out boxing day and research I have been doing its looking like the visa will take up to six months to process.
He has been made redundant and it just makes sense to go after christmas
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:04 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

We want to fly out boxing day and research I have been doing its looking like the visa will take up to six months to process.
He won't be able to work in Australia though...until the visa application is complete. At least if you remain in the UK during processing there is the possibility of him earning.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:05 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there again

Six months is far better than the 3 years plus that other people have been told to wait. Honestly, it's not worth the risk of getting your OH banned from the country by attempting to enter illegally. If you apply for the correct visa now, you could be flying before Easter & that is a cheaper time to fly anyway.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bcworld
He won't be able to work in Australia though...until the visa application is complete. At least if you remain in the UK during processing there is the possibility of him earning.
Very true. Right will get the forms filled in and into the post tomorrow then. Fingers crossed it doesn't take that long!! Just want to get home ;-)
Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:08 pm
Banned

mrsunshine will become famous soon enoughmrsunshine will become famous soon enough

Listen to the advice you have been given or seek proffesional advise. The last thing you need is for your partner to be refused entry on arrival as that will make your process even longer than 6 months.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you only buy a one way ticket? I cant qoute exact figures, but the difference between a return and a one way is usually small
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Very true. Right will get the forms filled in and into the post tomorrow then. Fingers crossed it doesn't take that long!! Just want to get home ;-)
You will find the forms and evidence take a bit longer than one day to collate. However, once he's had the medicals done and if you apply for the police check now, it should be quite quick - mine took about 2-3 weeks to come through (although 2 years ago). Good luck!

Also, if you are desperate to get home, you could split the travel, with him following once the visa is granted? Just a thought. My Mum did that with us when we were tiny (2 of us) and she had lots of help on the flights.

We used Excess Baggage and they were great - we only had 30 boxes.

Last edited by itigo; Nov 5th 2010 at 3:19 am. Reason: Adding something
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Q2) I have heard a company called excessbaggage.com are good in situations like yours.
There are much cheaper options than those guys. Royal Mail being one, or another courier if you have an account with them, or even better if you can stick a few boxes in someone elses container.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Everyone.

Cheers for your help
I came over on a visitors visa and didn't even get asked any of the stuff i was expecting just walked straight through, although i know they can refuse, all i was told by my agent was to be able to prove i have the means of flying back out of Australia and that there was someone here to support me,
but as i said no on questioned it anyway,

and my visa took 4months but it was a spouse visa \

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.