Online Applications

Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:35 am
Just Joined

zurrieq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online Applications

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to re-locate to Australia. We are in the initial stages of VISA application (skills assessment IT professional and Secondary School Teacher, and IELTS).

We score more than 120 points so will apply for 175. My brother lives in Australia with his wife so 176 is also an option. However I have read in other threads that if one scores enough points for 175 then should apply for that.

My plan is to lodge the GMS Visa application online. I have one concern at the moment regarding the upload of documents. In many areas of the immigration site it is stressed that documents have to certified by a lawyer as 'true copies of the original'. Is this required if the documents are to be scanned and uploaded? Will the applicant be asked to send 'true copies of originals' by post so that the documents are verified?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

acotiga will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Online Applications

Originally Posted by zurrieq
I have one concern at the moment regarding the upload of documents. In many areas of the immigration site it is stressed that documents have to certified by a lawyer as 'true copies of the original'. Is this required if the documents are to be scanned and uploaded? Will the applicant be asked to send 'true copies of originals' by post so that the documents are verified?
If you send color scanned versions of the originals you don't have to certify it as a true copy. So just scan it color but watch out how big the file is. It should not be above 1Mb. If this cannot be achieved through normal scanning try lowering the DPI of the scan. Usually 96 is a decent value. What I sometimes did was to scan it at 300 DPI and if it was too big I would transform all of them into a PDF file with 96 DPI quality. Best of luck.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

rajan.bhayana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to re-locate to Australia. We are in the initial stages of VISA application (skills assessment IT professional and Secondary School Teacher, and IELTS).

We score more than 120 points so will apply for 175. My brother lives in Australia with his wife so 176 is also an option. However I have read in other threads that if one scores enough points for 175 then should apply for that.

My plan is to lodge the GMS Visa application online. I have one concern at the moment regarding the upload of documents. In many areas of the immigration site it is stressed that documents have to certified by a lawyer as 'true copies of the original'. Is this required if the documents are to be scanned and uploaded? Will the applicant be asked to send 'true copies of originals' by post so that the documents are verified?
i went for attested xerox copies
as i becomes an issue once u run out of 1 mb place for docs and then have to track all the remaining on emails
since there are two applicants in this case, i would recommend u go with black and white image and then attest them
but if u feel u can track it over emails easily then go ahead with color
all the best,
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies.

The maximum file size is 1mb but one can upload up to 60 files.

I like the idea of 'attested xerox copies'. I have never done this before - could you explain further, please? Is this a service that you can get from photocopy outlets?

Cheers.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

rajan.bhayana is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies.

The maximum file size is 1mb but one can upload up to 60 files.

I like the idea of 'attested xerox copies'. I have never done this before - could you explain further, please? Is this a service that you can get from photocopy outlets?

Cheers.
no get a xerox of all ur documents
then get them attested from a notary
u can check the list of person who can atttest ur document
on diac website in a country
In India, i got it done through a notary.
he just saw my originals then the xerox copy
and put a notary stamp on the doc and sign it
DIAC accepts tht
Old Jul 14th 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

OK - thanks. That makes more sense!

Then you would scan and upload the certified copy.

I'll aim to get the colour copies in documents of less than 1mb, if that does not work I will opt for black and whites certified copies.