Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Bridging Visa for my daughter help needed plze

Bridging Visa for my daughter help needed plze

Old Jul 13th 2010, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bridging Visa for my daughter help needed plze

Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

My daughter is a fully qualified hairdresser and is here on a years working visa, which runs out on October 9th.

She is loving life here and being with the family (myself, hubby and little man whos 8 have been here as permanent residents for 2 years in September)

Anyhow she would love to go for permanent residency now, so does anyone know anything about this bridging visa and how we go about getting it so we can start to help her to apply for permanent visa? Has anyone done this?

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks a million. xxx
Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridging Visa for my daughter help needed plze

The bridging visa is there to plug the gap between one visa expiring and another being decided upon. It is not possible to bridge to some visas and she cannot apply just for a bridging visa all by itself. What visa is she planning to apply for? Is she eligible for last remaining relative visa?

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Jul 13th 2010 at 1:18 am.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by yanchep
Hi guys,

Just a quick question.

My daughter is a fully qualified hairdresser and is here on a years working visa, which runs out on October 9th.

She is loving life here and being with the family (myself, hubby and little man whos 8 have been here as permanent residents for 2 years in September)

Anyhow she would love to go for permanent residency now, so does anyone know anything about this bridging visa and how we go about getting it so we can start to help her to apply for permanent visa? Has anyone done this?

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks a million. xxx
and remember bridging visa is only given if you have applied for onshore PR visa , for offshore PR visa there is nothing like bridging visa.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

No her dad is still in England so cant do the last remaining relative thing

She wants to go for permanent residency to stay here in Perth, Australia, so I wondered if we go for the bridging visa first then apply for the permanent residency on a skilled visa .

By the way thanks for replying so quick

Lo x
Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:56 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

So which PR visa is your daughter eligible to apply for?

As BermudaShorts has said, you apply for a bridging visa to bridge the gap between two visas, so she needs to apply for the PR visa first.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Im assuming she would be allowed to go for the skilled working visa (is it the 457? dont know a lot about it thats why Im trying to storm your minds as to the best way to go)
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:07 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

The 457 is a temporary employer sponsored visa - does she know anyone able to sponsor her?

Could she get enough points for a 175 PR visa? Or if not maybe she could look at the 176 sponsored PR visa?
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Ooooo thanks Im gunna go look at that now, its defo a permanent visa and not a temporary one she wants, will check it out now

Lo. x
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

She will not be able to get a bridging visa to the 176 as it is an offshore visa. She is not eligible for a 175 visa as hairdresser is only available if state sponsored (176). If she found a willing employer sponsor she would be able to bridge to that visa.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Jul 13th 2010 at 3:22 am.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Oooooo sad news, not what I wanted to hear as a mum, but thank you for answering my question Bermudashorts. Lo. xxx
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Oooooo sad news, not what I wanted to hear as a mum, but thank you for answering my question Bermudashorts. Lo. xxx
Hiya, if she got some farm work ASAP, she'd maybe qualify to get her second year working holiday visa which at least would keep her here for another year? She's gotta do 3 months of farm work. . .

Good luck
Mandy
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy,

Do you know if she done 3 months of farm work and did get her 2nd working visa does she still have to carry on doing farm work or can she go back into hairdressing ? You can tell Im getting desperate to keep her here cant you

Lo. xxx
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:43 am
WS

If she does three months of farm work and obtains her second WHV, she can spend her second year doing whatever she wants
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Mandy,

Do you know if she done 3 months of farm work and did get her 2nd working visa does she still have to carry on doing farm work or can she go back into hairdressing ? You can tell Im getting desperate to keep her here cant you

Lo. xxx
Yes she can go back to hairdressing after the 3 months, could then give her the time she needs to find a sponsor. Good luck

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jul 14th 2010, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

But if her WHV expires on October 9, unless she has already done some farm work, surely she doesn't have enough time to do 3 months farm work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.