One year relationship requirement (309)

Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:21 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice
Default One year relationship requirement (309)

Hi guys,

Just a quick question about the one year relationship requirement in the context of the Temp residency visa (Subclass 309). My OH and I have been living together since September 2006 and are applying for the visa in April. We have evidence of our financial commitments (bills, groceries, council tax etc) to each other from July 07 when we opened a joint bank account. Prior to this we lived in rented accomodation and I wasn't on the lease and neither of our names were on any of the utility bills.

We can get statements from our flatmates of the time supporting the application and we both have mail from that address dating back to September 2006.

Do you think this is enough to meet the requirement or not?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: One year relationship requirement (309)

Originally Posted by Timbo-Em
Hi guys,

Just a quick question about the one year relationship requirement in the context of the Temp residency visa (Subclass 309). My OH and I have been living together since September 2006 and are applying for the visa in April. We have evidence of our financial commitments (bills, groceries, council tax etc) to each other from July 07 when we opened a joint bank account. Prior to this we lived in rented accomodation and I wasn't on the lease and neither of our names were on any of the utility bills.

We can get statements from our flatmates of the time supporting the application and we both have mail from that address dating back to September 2006.

Do you have car insurance, drivers licence etc. Or any mail addressed to one or both of you at the same address? We were in a similar position. Travel documents with both names on. Basicaly as much information as you can give. It will never be too much.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

photos of you both

invites to parties etc are good
holiday stuff plane tickets , invoices , etc
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

dpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
photos of you both

invites to parties etc are good
holiday stuff plane tickets , invoices , etc
We are also in the same position- have been together nearly 11 years, getting married in 6 weeks. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter with both our names on her birth certificate, have lived together since 2002 but apart from the birth certificate and child tax credits have no joint paperwork at all as we kept our finances completely separate and both properties were in my name, mainly because may fiance had problems with CCJs for credit cards when we first met so I didn't want to get knocked back for mortgages etc as I had a perfect credit score.

I understand there has to be a "marriage-like relationship" for 12 months so presumably photos and plane tickets don't prove this?

There are standing orders between our bank accounts (I have 2 years of bank statements) -will this be enough?

We wil be going on a 422 visa- does this allow more leeway than some others?

Getting me worried now...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:46 am
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Originally Posted by layla950
Do you have car insurance, drivers licence etc. Or any mail addressed to one or both of you at the same address? We were in a similar position. Travel documents with both names on. Basicaly as much information as you can give. It will never be too much.
Hi layla,

Yea we have both been receiving mail at the same address since September 2006. The proof we have been living together is fine but my doubt is around the 'spouse-like relationship' element.

Looks like everyone thinks it will be fine though so cheers!

Tim.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:47 am
Subclass 309er

Originally Posted by dpande
We are also in the same position- have been together nearly 11 years, getting married in 6 weeks. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter with both our names on her birth certificate, have lived together since 2002 but apart from the birth certificate and child tax credits have no joint paperwork at all as we kept our finances completely separate and both properties were in my name, mainly because may fiance had problems with CCJs for credit cards when we first met so I didn't want to get knocked back for mortgages etc as I had a perfect credit score.

I understand there has to be a "marriage-like relationship" for 12 months so presumably photos and plane tickets don't prove this?

There are standing orders between our bank accounts (I have 2 years of bank statements) -will this be enough?

We wil be going on a 422 visa- does this allow more leeway than some others?

Getting me worried now...
dpande, if you have a child together the one year relationship requirement is waivered anyway. If you have been together for 11 years I am sure you don't have a thing to worry about at all.

Tim.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Hi layla,

Yea we have both been receiving mail at the same address since September 2006. The proof we have been living together is fine but my doubt is around the 'spouse-like relationship' element.

Looks like everyone thinks it will be fine though so cheers!

Tim.
We had the same problem....little in writing as our accomm belongs to me and all the bills are in my name only. We supplied everything we could find, copy mail for the same address, bank statements with transfers, joint account details, copy passports with immigration stamps, holiday bookings, photos, statements from friends etc etc. anything to push the co-habitation date back sufficiently. It must have worked coz we have a CO now and agent reckons we will get visa in April.
P
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

hetty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I reckon you'll be okay. I've just been granted my 309 after submitting the application with everything crossed! I was convinced that not having a joint bank account with my OH would be our downfall, as well as having utility bills in one name and not the other etc - there seemed to be so many holes! Thankfully OH was more optimistic and he was right. For example, our Australian electric bill was in his name and debited from his account. To show I'd contributed I highlighted the corresponding cash withdrawal from my account. It's a bit of a long winded process and although you can't prove that that cash went towards the bill, I'm guessing the case officers think you wouldn't go to all that trouble if you weren't telling the truth! So play detective and follow that paper trail! Also, my case officer contacted me very promptly after I submitted the application and put my mind at rest about lots of things. They'll inform you of any further information they require and give you a fair amount of time to provide it. Good luck. Hetty
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:14 pm
Subclass 309er

Originally Posted by hetty
I reckon you'll be okay. I've just been granted my 309 after submitting the application with everything crossed! I was convinced that not having a joint bank account with my OH would be our downfall, as well as having utility bills in one name and not the other etc - there seemed to be so many holes! Thankfully OH was more optimistic and he was right. For example, our Australian electric bill was in his name and debited from his account. To show I'd contributed I highlighted the corresponding cash withdrawal from my account. It's a bit of a long winded process and although you can't prove that that cash went towards the bill, I'm guessing the case officers think you wouldn't go to all that trouble if you weren't telling the truth! So play detective and follow that paper trail! Also, my case officer contacted me very promptly after I submitted the application and put my mind at rest about lots of things. They'll inform you of any further information they require and give you a fair amount of time to provide it. Good luck. Hetty
Cheers Hetty! I am now adequately reassured!