WHV vs. Tourist HELP PLS READ

Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future
Default WHV vs. Tourist HELP PLS READ

Hi

If i got a 6 mth tourist visa for Oz, but then found a job whilst there, can i apply for a work permit from the oz government whilst there?

Would i need to prove funds if entering on tourist visa?

Is the better option a whv?

just my partner has been offered work as early as april for 6mths on whv, but wont have enough saved as proof for us both to go then, thought i could go on tourist visa without saved funds, then if i gt work apply for work permit when there??

help me, dont want ot miss my chance
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

ccraig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHV vs. Tourist HELP PLS READ

You cant apply from within Australia. You can enter on a tourist visa but would need to leave and enter i.e nz on a cheap flight and wait for a few days to get your working holiday visa
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future

no think u misunderstood.

can i enter on a tourist visa and if i find work can i apply for a work permit whilst in the country?

a work permit not a working hol visa. ie 6-12mth permit
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:39 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if you get sponsored by an employer (needs to be skilled work with a certain wage threshold).

Stop worrying about the funds for the WHv - I doubt you'll be asked! I was never asked. If you have enough to survive for a month ($1000 each) you'll be fine!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

sorry

just dont want to get there and be turned back. or to aquaint myself with a rubber glove by immigration!!

just so desp to go and work hard, and stay as long as possible.

i am sat here in work after a terrible drive to work this morning, car jumped all the way as damp and wet, then got wet walking from carpark so sat here in wet clothes cold for the rest of the day!! just hope it is different than this in oz!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krestsaf
sorry

just dont want to get there and be turned back. or to aquaint myself with a rubber glove by immigration!!

i am sat here in work after a terrible drive to work this morning, car jumped all the way as damp and wet, then got wet walking from carpark so sat here in wet clothes cold for the rest of the day!! just hope it is different than this in oz!!
You are more likely to get stopped if you arrive on a tourist visa armed with a resume and working-type clothes, so that you look like a tourist seeking work, than you are if you arrive on a WHV looking like you fancy a holiday

If you are worried about a lack of funds - the same could apply on a tourist visa, as in theory you have to be able to prove you have enough money to survive on that too.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:32 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by krestsaf
sorry

Seriosly stop worrying about lack of funds, I was never asked and I bet you 99% of peeps on WHV have never been asked. Customs have enough to do than to stop you and prove you have funds. Just apply for your WHV, save as much as poss from now until then and like you said just ask someone to transfer money into your account and take a bank statement for customs if you are that worried and then the person can take money from your account. Do not worry, go and enjoy - it wil be the best thing you ever do!! It changed my life!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Edwina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey
Take pollyanas advice, dont carry a cv with you, email it as the first sign of you looking for work on a tourist visa will get you drop kicked out.

Make sure you have return flights booked, you can change the dates on them when you arrive should you no longer require them.

We have seen cases of people arriving in Oz, getting offered work/sponsorship so it isnt an impossibility
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all

Hi

Me and my gilfriend are desperate to get out there asap we want to come on a whv with not much funds and find work ,i am a carpenter and she is a journalist but will be willing to work anywhere to start with , i would like to get my work assessed while there and apply for the appropriate visa then so we can stay on, is this a possible way of getting over soon?

thanks

Paul