OMG De facto evidence!!!!!

Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG De facto evidence!!!!!

Originally Posted by tonynhayley
Got a phone call from Go Matilda today, they said that as we have two kids together and we are both on the birth certificates that it shouldnt be too difficult (we hope). They did say to enclose some statements and a few other pieces so hopefully.....................

Good luck to everyone else.

Tony, Hayley & Kids.
Send them a link to BE so they can see your username
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

bagspacked will become famous soon enoughbagspacked will become famous soon enough

If yuo have utility bills to both your names for at least 12 months that should be sufficient
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonynhayley
Just been reading the requirements for evidence of de facto relationship and OMG!!!

"your domestic arrangements, that is, how you support each other financially, physically and emotionally and when this level of commitment began"

PHYSICALLY?? do they want an X rated home video? LMAO!!

We have been happily together for 7 years and have two kids although we dont have joint bank accounts, electric bill is in missuses name and gas is in mine (didnt have installed gas at first). We have a tenancy agreement with both our names on it plus photos and will have no problems getting statements from friends it just seems a little intrusive (which is a good thing of course to ensure that false applications dont happen) but for us honest people it seems a little excessive.

Are there any other people who are or have been in the same boat? If so could you help out by letting us know what you provided.

Thanks,

Tony, Hayley & Kids.

We did not apply form the UK but in Sydney after being here for a couple of years [previously had work sponsor].

We were lucky cause we asked about it in the UK +3 years ago and so had been collecting evidence since then.

It is relatively straightforward, and certainly not as hard or officious as several immigration agents tried to tell us [while getting their AUD 1,500 fee for doing nothing]. Simple things like Xmas card envelopes addressed to you both is always handy to chuck in! and postcards! so get all your pals to go on holiday and send some!

I asked the UK gas/electricity/phone people etc to send me an annual summary of my account, and to address it in joint names and they were happy to do so.

Wedding photos too.

For the 'official' docs such as utility bills, we found that some companies won't put two names on the bill, and we explained this to immigration and they said don't worry, a mortgage/tenancy agreement is more important and the fact the bills were in each others name is just as good!!!

I got the impression from the UK immigration agents that if we didn't have enough info on INITIAL application it would be rejected outright and we would lose the cash. This is not the case as you should just get a letter from immigration saying "we need more info...." and a list of additional evidence to gather.

If your evidence is in a neat and tidy order there is no real need for the agent at all. They do not get preferential treatment, they simply present the application documents in a nice manner.

I don't want to diss agents as I found most of them very useful, especially after several free or cheap 'first interviews', but after going through the application process over here without them, I was amazed how helpful the immigration dept is, and how simple they make the whole process, as the agents had made them out to be devils who just want to knock people back and keep the fee.

This may not be true in the UK of course.

Good luck to everyone! and see you soon.

ps sunny again today!