Designated Area Sponsored

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

stevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant future
Angry Designated Area Sponsored

Hi There All,
Is they any truth in the rumour I have heard that the Designated area sponsored category which has the melbounre metroplition area within it is going to change this year? and that melbounre its self is likely to be removed from this visa type

Regards,
Steve
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Designated Area Sponsored

Originally Posted by stevecarr@firs
Hi There All,
Is they any truth in the rumour I have heard that the Designated area sponsored category which has the melbounre metroplition area within it is going to change this year? and that melbounre its self is likely to be removed from this visa type

Regards,
Steve
Steve are you talking about the 139 Visa if you are then I am afraid you have missed out on that one as all 139 Visa applications had to be lodged by 30th June 2006 as the 139 was removed then. The replacement for the 139 (not sure what number?) is a temporary visa which after 2 years you can apply for permanent residency. I am sure someone on here can advise you on the new option?

Cheryl
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

LiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really nice

Hiya,

Bumping this one as interesting in the outcome.

I have just applied for the 496 visa (replacement for the 139 designated area visa). I've not heard anything about Melbourne not being a designated area so I'm afraid I can't help with that one. All I do know is that currently the whole of Victoria is a designated area. That's where I'm heading hopefully.

Any agents heard about changes to designated areas?

Janet
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

stevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant futurestevecarr@firs has a brilliant future

Hi There,
Firstly apologies I Mean the 496visa and not pre 07 139 visa old habits die hard!! its something I read that mentioned that from early july this year that melbourne was being taken off the 496 designated area bringing it in line with the regional equivalent just really wanted to know the experts view on this?
Regards,
Steve
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevecarr@firs
Hi There,
Firstly apologies I Mean the 496visa and not pre 07 139 visa old habits die hard!! its something I read that mentioned that from early july this year that melbourne was being taken off the 496 designated area bringing it in line with the regional equivalent just really wanted to know the experts view on this?
Regards,
Steve
I heard the same thing from my agent - but they said it was just a rumour at the time I spoke with them - not sure if there is anything in stone yet - hopefully one of the agents will be able to clarify it for you.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:44 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard anything about Melbourne being removed from the schedule of "designated areas of Australia" ... but it's always been a puzzle as to why it was included in the first place ... probably a legacy of the old State Premier Jeff Kennett and the success of his lobbying in the 1990s ...

Best regards.