OK folks, now what??????

Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Smile OK folks, now what??????

Hiya all,
got my 'yes' from TRA. (Refrigeration and air conditioning)
Just not too sure on what to do regarding visa application!!!!!!
Did TRA on my own, feel I could do visa app. on my own.
Have applied online for STNI @ Victoria,(started before I got answer from TRA) but I really do like the look of Brisbane and/or its suburbs I know there is plenty of my kind of work in QLD.
But do I have to do a visa application for QLD?
I have noticed that only Victoria and SA do online applications, is this correct, or have I missed something?

All the best to you all for 2006

TTFN

daveandkathh
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK folks, now what??????

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
You have to do a visa application (to DIMIA) no matter where you want to go in Australia. If you're confused about how to do this then you need professional assistance.

I have noticed that only Victoria and SA do online applications, is this correct, or have I missed something?
If you are talking about STNI (it's not all that clear) then the participating states are Victoria, SA, Tasmania and WA.

Jeremy
Old Dec 31st 2005, 2:24 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Yours is a MODL occupation which enables you to claim an additional 15 points at least => do you need a State Nomination?

Can you not apply for a Skilled Independent (subclass number 136) visa, which doesn't need a State Nomination?

Best regards.

Hiya all,
got my 'yes' from TRA. (Refrigeration and air conditioning)
Just not too sure on what to do regarding visa application!!!!!!
Did TRA on my own, feel I could do visa app. on my own.
Have applied online for STNI @ Victoria,(started before I got answer from TRA) but I really do like the look of Brisbane and/or its suburbs I know there is plenty of my kind of work in QLD.

All the best to you all for 2006

TTFN

daveandkathh
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Yours is a MODL occupation which enables you to claim an additional 15 points at least => do you need a State Nomination?

Can you not apply for a Skilled Independent (subclass number 136) visa, which doesn't need a State Nomination?

Best regards.

Hiya all,
only reason I was thinking of going down the STNI route, was for the fact you can apply for visa online, also application time is quicker!! (Are you not also "permanant resident" going through STNI?)

I am over the moon that I did the TRA myself, what I need to do now is have a pint or two with someone who knows about the "visa application" side of things to put me on the right track.
Anyone out there from the Sale area (Cheshire,U.K.)fancy a pint and a chat?????

Have a 'best ever' 2006

TTFN

Daveandkath
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:04 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

You can't apply for a Skilled - STNI visa online. You can apply for the State Nomination online, but that is not the same thing.

I hear what you say about applying without the use of an agent, but these are fairly fundamental issues ...

Best wishes for the New Year.

Hiya all,
only reason I was thinking of going down the STNI route, was for the fact you can apply for visa online, also application time is quicker!! (Are you not also "permanant resident" going through STNI?)

I am over the moon that I did the TRA myself, what I need to do now is have a pint or two with someone who knows about the "visa application" side of things to put me on the right track.
Anyone out there from the Sale area (Cheshire,U.K.)fancy a pint and a chat?????

Have a 'best ever' 2006

TTFN

Daveandkath
Old Dec 31st 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
You can't apply for a Skilled - STNI visa online. You can apply for the State Nomination online, but that is not the same thing.

I hear what you say about applying without the use of an agent, but these are fairly fundamental issues ...

Best wishes for the New Year.

Thanks A.C. and to you and yours,

Guess I will be giving Southhampton office a phone call.

Just thought having done TRA myself, Visa app. would be a walk in the park!!!!! Maybe I should read up more on this topic, from this site?

TTFN

Daveandkathh
Old Dec 31st 2005, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

rahulaustraliamein is an unknown quantity at this point

Sir,
i want to know what did TRA people asked from employer and did they ask all employers or just a current employer?
Old Dec 31st 2005, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rahulaustraliamein
Sir,
i want to know what did TRA people asked from employer and did they ask all employers or just a current employer?

Hiya,
TRA do not get in touch with your employer, present or past.
You send all details that TRA need.

TTFN

daveandkathh
Old Dec 31st 2005, 2:05 pm
Jam

> > Sir,
    > > i want to know what did TRA people asked from employer and did they
    > > ask all employers or just a current employer?
    > Hiya,
    > TRA do not get in touch with your employer, present or past.
    > You send all details that TRA need.
    > TTFN
    > daveandkathh
    > --

Hi Dave and Kath

We live in Stockport area, and have applied for MODL 136 should have our
visas through in Jan. CO is on hols till 9th Jan. We did all paperwork
ouselves didn't have any problems and CO has never requested any
additional info from us. If you need any help with paperwork let us
know. We are going to Queensland hopefully next April/May just waiting
for house to sell. What do you both do?.

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: OK folks, now what??????

Originally Posted by Jam
    > > Sir,
    > > i want to know what did TRA people asked from employer and did they
    > > ask all employers or just a current employer?
    > Hiya,
    > TRA do not get in touch with your employer, present or past.
    > You send all details that TRA need.
    > TTFN
    > daveandkathh
    > --

Hi Dave and Kath

We live in Stockport area, and have applied for MODL 136 should have our
visas through in Jan. CO is on hols till 9th Jan. We did all paperwork
ouselves didn't have any problems and CO has never requested any
additional info from us. If you need any help with paperwork let us
know. We are going to Queensland hopefully next April/May just waiting
for house to sell. What do you both do?.

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Hiya Jam,
thanks for the offer of help. Could we meet up for a pint sometime? if you PM me I will send you our phone no. I am an air conditioning/refrigeration installation engineer, (mouthfull!!) and Kath is a legal secretery/PA.
Hope you do get in touch
TTFN
Dave and Kath
xx
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:30 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

have sent you a pm

sue
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

A note to all - this forum is for immigration topics *only*.

Please do not post about "PMs", "karma", meeting-up or other off-topic information. By all means send a PM if you want to discuss matters like this.

This thread is now closed.