OCTOBER '08 APPLICANTS

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:45 am
Just Joined

sunilpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OCTOBER '08 APPLICANTS

Thanks Ronan for starting thread and for the advice you gave me earlier. I too have lodged class 175 on 6th Oct. i am feeling nervous already.... and months to go apparently.

Good luck all

Sunil
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

our agent has submitted our application today for 175 visa

now the wait begins

cheryl
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:05 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CatherineF
We submitted the online application for 175 on October 7th. My husband's occupation is on the MODL so we hope it won't take too long for a decision. According to the status, the application is being processed. The plan is to move to Melbourne.
Unfortunately they all say they're being processed, it really just means it's been received. Once the status changes to 'processed further' then you can get excited as it means you have a CO.

best of luck with it!

Therese
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

CatherineF will become famous soon enoughCatherineF will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RedT
Unfortunately they all say they're being processed, it really just means it's been received. Once the status changes to 'processed further' then you can get excited as it means you have a CO.

best of luck with it!

Therese
Aah... that's good (and annoying!) to know! Thank you, Therese.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RedT

best of luck with it!

Therese
Is this "being processed" the part when you log into the visa status and use the message link at the top of the page?

Only reason I ask is to make sure we have done everthing required and not missing something. Did the App, had the conf email, payment taken, uploaded all documents and now just waiting hoping we haven't missed a great big SUBMIT button or something!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Our 176 (Family sponsored) Visa was submitted today!

I believe they are taking around 10 months to a year to process though, so a long wait ahead. Not sure when to put the house on the market, though I suppose it could take that long to sell.

What is everybody else doing about selling the house?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:13 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Our 176 (Family sponsored) Visa was submitted today!

I believe they are taking around 10 months to a year to process though, so a long wait ahead. Not sure when to put the house on the market, though I suppose it could take that long to sell.

What is everybody else doing about selling the house?
We applied in June this year 176 MODL family sponsored and we got our visa on 20 October. Just to let you know that it can happen quicker than that. Good Luck
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAK
We applied in June this year 176 MODL family sponsored and we got our visa on 20 October. Just to let you know that it can happen quicker than that. Good Luck
Wow, that was quick! I think we will just put the house on the market now and move into rented for a while if we do manage to sell. Congratulations to you!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:42 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Wow, that was quick! I think we will just put the house on the market now and move into rented for a while if we do manage to sell. Congratulations to you!
Thank you. I kept an eye on the forums to seen when visas were being granted and seemed to time our medicals at the right time. Also our agent told us that our application wouldn't be looked at for about 4 months from them receiving it so booked our medicals a month before that. Good luck
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAK
Thank you. I kept an eye on the forums to seen when visas were being granted and seemed to time our medicals at the right time. Also our agent told us that our application wouldn't be looked at for about 4 months from them receiving it so booked our medicals a month before that. Good luck
Oh, I though we just had to wait to be told when our medicals were required. Should I be booking them?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:58 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

Oh, I though we just had to wait to be told when our medicals were required. Should I be booking them?
When you book your medicals is up to you or you can wait until you have a CO and they request them. We had our medicals done in September, 3 months after we applied. You have to remember that you have to validate your visa from the date of your medicals or your police checks, whichever you do first. We have to enter Australia no later than September 2009. Going on our timeline you would be looking at having your medicals around January 2009, but it is up to you.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, thanks for that
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

CatherineF will become famous soon enoughCatherineF will become famous soon enough

Okay, thanks for that
Does anyone have any idea how long it might take to process a 175 visa with priority processing? We're in The Netherlands, so low risk, and I've read many different estimates.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

I called Adelaide last night as I had to get advice which was to be a form 1023 ... and they claimed they were dealing with Dec 2007 applicants and that it is approx a 6 month wait ... not sure if that was for the MODL or general waiting but I assume it was for the MODL fingers crossed it will be sooner.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:12 am
Just Joined

andreandaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We submitted our 175 online app. 2/10/08, not doing meds for three months, like everyone else waiting, waiting and more waiting!

Andrea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.