nvq 3 equalivent to aqf diploma

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

maxter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nvq 3 equalivent to aqf diploma

CK2B/Steve

Thanks for your advice and comments. Have e-mailed vetassess and await response. My wife also has BTEC qualifications but we had assumed that these would not be sufficient. Am I right in thinking that others have been successful with these. Points don't matter to us as we will be applying for Australian sponsored designated area visas (brother nad sister both citizens in northern Queensland) so any positive assessment will do!

Tim

Originally Posted by CK2B
Hi Tim,

As Steve has mentioned some of us have rec'd positive results from Vetassess from part time courses. It might be worth sending an email to Vetassess as a general inquiry as to whether they have heard of the course your wife is undertaking. The BTEC course I was assessed for was not on their basic list and they had to do an individual assessment before giving me approval.

Best of luck
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:59 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

BTEC do a number of quals.

The BTEC nationals are Level 3 quals
Higher Nationals are Level 4 (HNC - 10 units/ HND 16 units)

CK2B had a National Certificate and got a positive assessment

Unfortunately I don't think Vetassess will tell you until they've looked at it.

A poll on this site to pool assessments would give us some ideas, but even then you couldn't be certain of a pass

Steve

Originally Posted by maxter
CK2B/Steve

Thanks for your advice and comments. Have e-mailed vetassess and await response. My wife also has BTEC qualifications but we had assumed that these would not be sufficient. Am I right in thinking that others have been successful with these. Points don't matter to us as we will be applying for Australian sponsored designated area visas (brother nad sister both citizens in northern Queensland) so any positive assessment will do!

Tim
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 10:01 pm

This thread is interesting, and I believe Lavinia has succeeded in getting a positive assessment based on ths.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207838

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi Steve,
This is where I got confused, if you look at the extract below it states

SOL - Associate Professionals- All occupations in this major group have a level of skill commensurate with an AQF Diploma (3 years full time study) or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.

but then when you read the individual job descriptions and qualifications

3129-13 Metallurgical and Materials Technician-Skill Level:
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate IV or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.

So having stated in the opening paragraph that an AQF Diploma is needed for ALL occupations in this group the document then specifies that for the profession detailed above (which is in the associate professionals group) an AQF Certificate level IV is sufficient.

From what my agent says there are two non trade profession on the VETASSESS list that are accessed at certificate level.

This is good for us though as with a bit of creativity my hubby can have his skills tested as a Metallurgical and Materials Technician using his NVQ L3 in Refining Process Operations. We were going to nominate Safety Inspector but we really need to acheive a possitive assessment first time not because of money but because my hubby has accepted voluntary redundancy and is on 90 day notice from October which means he could be required to finish work as early as January 2005. We would like to have our visa by early 2005 just in case.

ACE
Old Sep 4th 2004, 7:25 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevereed
This thread is interesting, and I believe Lavinia has succeeded in getting a positive assessment based on ths.

Cheers Steve, hopefully I'll be posting a similar thread in a few months.

ACE
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Lavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really nice

Hi Steve,

yes, I did get a positive assessment based on the above, but I'm not sure if my case can be of any help.

I'm from Germany and have a German apprenticeship in hotel business, so innitially I applied as Hotel Manager Diploma level.

German apprenticeships usually take two or three years and are based on the dual system, i.e. one or two days per week in a vocational school and the rest of the week practical training in a company, in my case a hotel. It took Vetassess almost four months to assess my application negative, so I thought it must have been close, and when I remembered that Vetassess only assess the level of education and not the subject I went through all occupations on the SOL that are assessed by Vetassess until I found three that only required Certificate IV level.

I had a reassessment as Building Associate Professional which was assessed positive within four weeks, so apparently with no problems. Before I reapplied I asked an Agent to look into my case (George Lombard), who called Vetassess and talked to my case officer about the above option. She agreed there was a chance (not 100% though) I would be assessed positive, and all went well.

If you have a look at this link

http://eurotuteur.ac-strasbourg.fr/a...tional_qua.htm

you will find a comparison between German and UK qualifications. My German qualfication (Kaufmanngehilfenprüfung) is considered equivalent to an NVQ3 level.

I wish all of those waiting for a positive assessment good luck with your plans!!!!

Lavinia
Old Sep 4th 2004, 11:33 am

Hi Lavinia:

Thanks for the info, George Lombard is dealing with my case and I've mentioned all this to him.

I was convinced that you MUST have a AQF Diploma level qulification to get through, but it seems that there are some areas which may take you over the line if your qualification is borderline.

I assume you have applied for your visa. On the recent experience section what have you put as your SOL occupation?

I also presume you are applying under 139 Designated area sponsored>

regards

Steve

Originally Posted by Lavinia
Hi Steve,

yes, I did get a positive assessment based on the above, but I'm not sure if my case can be of any help.

I'm from Germany and have a German apprenticeship in hotel business, so innitially I applied as Hotel Manager Diploma level.

German apprenticeships usually take two or three years and are based on the dual system, i.e. one or two days per week in a vocational school and the rest of the week practical training in a company, in my case a hotel. It took Vetassess almost four months to assess my application negative, so I thought it must have been close, and when I remembered that Vetassess only assess the level of education and not the subject I went through all occupations on the SOL that are assessed by Vetassess until I found three that only required Certificate IV level.

I had a reassessment as Building Associate Professional which was assessed positive within four weeks, so apparently with no problems. Before I reapplied I asked an Agent to look into my case (George Lombard), who called Vetassess and talked to my case officer about the above option. She agreed there was a chance (not 100% though) I would be assessed positive, and all went well.

If you have a look at this link

http://eurotuteur.ac-strasbourg.fr/a...tional_qua.htm

you will find a comparison between German and UK qualifications. My German qualfication (Kaufmanngehilfenprüfung) is considered equivalent to an NVQ3 level.

I wish all of those waiting for a positive assessment good luck with your plans!!!!

Lavinia
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really nice

Hi Lavinia:

I assume you have applied for your visa. On the recent experience section what have you put as your SOL occupation?

I also presume you are applying under 139 Designated area sponsored>

regards

Steve
Yes, I am going for 139 Designated area sponsored and no, I haven't applied yet. I have to wait until February in order to get the 12 out of 18 months work experience as Project Administrator (ASCO 3292-11). Keeping my fingers crossed that my work profile is o.k. for Dimia.

If everything goes well I am hoping to move to Australia in January 2006, perhaps even summer 2005 if we front load and our application is processed really fast.

Regards

Lavinia
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:04 pm

Thanks and good luck!!!

Steve

Originally Posted by Lavinia
Yes, I am going for 139 Designated area sponsored and no, I haven't applied yet. I have to wait until February in order to get the 12 out of 18 months work experience as Project Administrator (ASCO 3292-11). Keeping my fingers crossed that my work profile is o.k. for Dimia.

If everything goes well I am hoping to move to Australia in January 2006, perhaps even summer 2005 if we front load and our application is processed really fast.

Regards

Lavinia
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:55 am
Just Joined

butterfieldl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks and good luck!!!

Steve

Hi

New to this forum. Also hoping for NVQ3 (Vocational Assessor Award D32/33) to be equivalent to AQF Diploma. Just found this.

http://www.tafensw.edu.au/nsi/index....388&divID=4.79

Not sure if these guideline are followed by VETASSESS though.

Lianne
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:36 am

There is certainly a discrepency on the TAFE site. A Higher National Certificate is one level higher than an NVQ3, same level as the HND but with fewer units, and usually done on a part time basis.

Vetassess have said that the NVQ3 will be acceptable against AQF Diploma, so you may be ok.

I wouldn't take the TAFE site at face value as they've made one mistake already.

You'd certainly be worth giving the Vetassess route a go I rteckon.

Originally Posted by butterfieldl
Hi

New to this forum. Also hoping for NVQ3 (Vocational Assessor Award D32/33) to be equivalent to AQF Diploma. Just found this.

http://www.tafensw.edu.au/nsi/index....388&divID=4.79

Not sure if these guideline are followed by VETASSESS though.

Lianne