Vetassess for the experts again

Old Feb 4th 2004, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really nice
Default Vetassess for the experts again

I've heard from several people and also read on the Vetassess pages that Vetassess only assess the minimum requirements for the nominated occupation, and that ANY degree or AQF diploma would be o.k., even if it wasn't related to the nominated occupation.

From experience can anyone confirm this, and if yes, wouldn't this also apply to the occupations, for which a Certificate IV would be sufficient?

For example, would it be possible to be assessed as 3122-13 Civil Engineering Technician (40 points), for which an AQF Cert. IV is required, even if your qualification was in the hotel sector? And if it is possible and you receive a positive assessment, how would Dimia evaluate the recent work experience as project administrator, which is also a 40 point occupation but requires an AQF diploma? Would they want an assessment as project administrator as well?

Looking forward to your replies, because I'm getting desperate!

Thank you!

Lavinia
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:35 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vetassess for the experts again

Hi:

I'm bumping this back to the top, as there has been some interest in this subject this week.

Steve

Originally Posted by Lavinia
I've heard from several people and also read on the Vetassess pages that Vetassess only assess the minimum requirements for the nominated occupation, and that ANY degree or AQF diploma would be o.k., even if it wasn't related to the nominated occupation.

From experience can anyone confirm this, and if yes, wouldn't this also apply to the occupations, for which a Certificate IV would be sufficient?

For example, would it be possible to be assessed as 3122-13 Civil Engineering Technician (40 points), for which an AQF Cert. IV is required, even if your qualification was in the hotel sector? And if it is possible and you receive a positive assessment, how would Dimia evaluate the recent work experience as project administrator, which is also a 40 point occupation but requires an AQF diploma? Would they want an assessment as project administrator as well?

Thank you!

Lavinia
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:45 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vetassess for the experts again

Lavinia:

Looking at other postings, it appears you did get a positive from Vetassess against a 'Cert4' occupation after failing one where Diploma was required.

What qualification did you get assessed, and against which ASCO codes.

Originally Posted by Lavinia

Thank you!

Lavinia