Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Nyambipo is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Originally Posted by claire-n-tel
Hi Nyampibo!!

OMG 2 more days!!!

7 more for us!! This time next week we will be on the plane!!

What hotel are you using in Melbourne, we are going to spend the first night in a hotel, not sure where yet tho

Got a busy week ahead, lots of social stuff going on, lots of goodbyes too

All your packing done??

See you Soon!

Claire

Hi Claire,

We've been saying our goodbyes

All our packing is all done......

I should know by tonight which hotel we will be staying in. The hospital is sorting it out. I'll be starting work on March 30th.

Claire......this is it. OZ is waiting. See you soon.

Nyambipo
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Topscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get nurse license for WA
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Tapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by sceck2001
Im a theatre nurse and was offerd a job in Perth in february. I ve already got my registration from WA but am a bit frustrated as i havent heard anything from my employer. I had a telephone interview and they offered me the job ad emailed me some documents to fill out and return to them which i did nearly a month ago. They said they would proceed from there. Could anyone share with me if they had the same experience and what was the next step thanx

I had a friend who had the same problem but the hospital took up the references first and then they were going to arrange an interveiw by phone. Four months and there was no contact.

She emailed the manager and it was passed over to the recruitment person, who has tried to arrange an interview, but guess what she still hasn't heard and that was about four weeks ago that she was promised an interveiw.

They have found the references and CV, she has got her registration in WA.

Considering Australia is calling out for Nurses and Midwives why are they making it so difficult for us??

Is this the norm or is it just selective hospitals. Which hospital??
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:00 am
Just Joined

des79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Originally Posted by jenny_0626

Hi everyone..........AT LAST.........MY VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED......

CONGRATS
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough

Congrats!!

When and where are you going??
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nyambipo
Hi Claire,

I should know by tonight which hotel we will be staying in. The hospital is sorting it out. I'll be starting work on March 30th.

Nyambipo
Nyambipo.......I just have one to say.....

T O M O R R O W !

Have a good flight and see you there!!

Claire and Terry
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

rochey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Guys

I am new to this site, but have been reading on all the excitement and discussions going on here.

I am a nurse in the Uk at present who was granted the 457 visa before christmas! Yes Im still here!!!!!
Why? because we cant sell our bungalow!

We looked into renting it out but was too risky and we cant afford to move over to oz, rent a house and pay the mortgage over here until it sells!!!
We are so frutrated by this and wonder if anyone has any useful advice for us or information that may affect our visa in the near future!!!!

My employers wanted me to start work in Feb and was unable to confirm due to the no sale which really upset me and probabaly them!!! I will be going with my partner and my daughter who is 5!

Please help and thanks for listening!!!:curse:
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Topscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rochey
Hello Guys

I am new to this site, but have been reading on all the excitement and discussions going on here.

I am a nurse in the Uk at present who was granted the 457 visa before christmas! Yes Im still here!!!!!
Why? because we cant sell our bungalow!

We looked into renting it out but was too risky and we cant afford to move over to oz, rent a house and pay the mortgage over here until it sells!!!
We are so frutrated by this and wonder if anyone has any useful advice for us or information that may affect our visa in the near future!!!!

My employers wanted me to start work in Feb and was unable to confirm due to the no sale which really upset me and probabaly them!!! I will be going with my partner and my daughter who is 5!

Please help and thanks for listening!!!:curse:
When did you start the process of moving to OZ. Where about in the UK are you trying to sell
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

rochey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Topscot
When did you start the process of moving to OZ. Where about in the UK are you trying to sell
we started the process last year, i had my interview last march for the job, got my nursing licence in the summer last year, applied for visas oct got em before christmas! we live in abergele, North wales!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

sceck2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tapuhi
I had a friend who had the same problem but the hospital took up the references first and then they were going to arrange an interveiw by phone. Four months and there was no contact.

She emailed the manager and it was passed over to the recruitment person, who has tried to arrange an interview, but guess what she still hasn't heard and that was about four weeks ago that she was promised an interveiw.

They have found the references and CV, she has got her registration in WA.

Considering Australia is calling out for Nurses and Midwives why are they making it so difficult for us??

Is this the norm or is it just selective hospitals. Which hospital??
Thats quite worrying i hope its not the same hospital as me. I have tried calling a couple of times but it seems the person i am supposed to contact is away. I will keep trying i hope i dont have to start looking for another job and i really need to get out of here now!!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nyambipo
Hi Claire,

Nyambipo
Nyambipo!!

You must be there by now!!....Come back we need to know how you are getting on!!

Was customs ok?? Hotel?? Flight??

Give us NEWS!!!!!

Claire

ps......3 days left!!!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Nyambipo is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Nurses applying for visa 457 / e457

Originally Posted by claire-n-tel
Nyambipo!!

You must be there by now!!....Come back we need to know how you are getting on!!

Was customs ok?? Hotel?? Flight??

Give us NEWS!!!!!

Claire

ps......3 days left!!!

Hi Claire.......

Guess what I'm in Melbourne.....

Flight......very long. Used Cathy Pacific. They were brilliant and the food was great.

Hotel.......Not bad. Will send you contact details

Customs.....Was not bad at all. They didn't ask us any questions. But visitors and students were being asked a lot of questions. You should be fine. They were very friendly.

Melbourne........Its a wonderful city. We're happy with what we've seen.

Talk soon.

Nyambipo

Last edited by Sue; Mar 21st 2009 at 1:43 pm. Reason: Size tags removed as they were way too big and made it difficult to read the thread
Old Mar 21st 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Niambipo!!!!

WooHoo!!

Wow! How exciting!! we take off in 73 hours!....not that i'm counting or anything!!

We've booked our first night, staying at Medina Executive Hotel on Flinders St. We don't land til after 9pm so thought we'd stay in the city.

Can't wait!!

See you soon!!!

Claire
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Could you please keep threads in Immigration free of chat and especially violent coloured and sized fonts. If you want to do that kind of thing please use the Barbie (although the font won't be particularly appreciated anywhere across the discussion boards).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.